Subject: More than 10 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter Van Hoecke
Belgium
Hulshout
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all. Has anybody tried to play daybreak with the basic game with more people than it says on the box?

I have a plan do play this with friends on new year's eve with 12 players. Any recommendations what/ what not to do to make this work?

Would we need a third werewolf in the mix? Any roles that should be left out?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Entrecruzado
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pieter VH wrote:
Hey all. Has anybody tried to play daybreak with the basic game with more people than it says on the box?

I have a plan do play this with friends on new year's eve with 12 players. Any recommendations what/ what not to do to make this work?

Would we need a third werewolf in the mix? Any roles that should be left out?

Thanks!

I have all expansions and what I do is to mix everything. With more players just balance good and bad guys. Also everybody should reach the cards easily.

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with large groups can be difficult simply because of the physical demands of the game. Every player needs to be able to comfortably reach all the cards in the center without causing any sound or touching any other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Van Hoecke
Belgium
Hulshout
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So the only thing that limits the player count is because it might be hard to reach to the cards!? We can work around that i guess.

So no need for a third werewolf then?

The group will be pretty tumultuous on new year's eve anyway so the bumping and all will happen anyway, even when we remain seated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Even ten is pushing it. Two games of 6 is good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
A lot depends on how you play.

If you're just treating it as frivolous chaos, then it may be a case of the more the merrier.

However, if your players want to construct elaborate bluffs and think things through, trying to work out what could have happened during the night, it's best to play with fewer players.

Resistance is solid up to ten people. Mafia de Cuba works with twelve. Any more than that and, if you're not prepared to split into two games, maybe you need to consider Two Rooms and a Boom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
United Kingdom
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try it?

I'd have either added a third Werewolf or at least the possibility of one with the Alpha Wolf and/or Paranormal Investigator (though that one might be too complex if you've got casual/new gamers on a drunken new year's eve).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.