Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing as a virus, am I allowed to play in the same turn both "genetic switch" and "mutation" skipping the evolution phase?

I think so, because in the rulebook at page 4 in the abilities section usage is granted for "each of these abilities once per turn throughout the game as long as they are still visible"; but I want to be sure because this seems to be a tremendous advantage against bacteria players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't use both on the same turn.
You have to choose which one to use every time you decide to skip the evolution phase (1 skip = 1 ability available).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimiliano della Rovere
Italy
Pisa
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Randi_ wrote:
No, you can't use both on the same turn.
You have to choose which one to use every time you decide to skip the evolution phase (1 skip = 1 ability available).

So it's not "each of these", but "group abilites by the phase when they can be played" and then "at most one for each ability group".

Ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but it states in there as well that you cannot. This specific example is used to explain it I believe. I think it's in the FAQ section.

But, you may only skip your Evolution Phase one time. After that you can't skip it again that turn because it's already gone by. You can use either as long as they are still visible by skipping that phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.