Rob
United States
Stephenville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules say play a track value = or greater than the value of the new city. But... surely this doesn't mean play cards worth 6 when I could have played exactly 4 to a value 4 city? I took this to mean that if you had to play more than the exact city amount, it is okay, but you cannot intentionally play more than you have to.

Ex:

City value 3 connecting with green and all I have is two value 2 green track cards so I play a total track value of 4 and this is okay.

City value of 4 connecting with green and I have two value 2 green tracks and a value 1 green track. I can't play all of them for a value of 5 to build to the City value of 4 card, I can only play the two value 2 green track cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Overbuilding to a city is a pretty important part of the strategy; it helps you keep control of cities for end-game scoring. You also get more points in-game. The rules seem reasonably clear about using more cards than necessary, and I don't see any restrictions on it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, for city control it's often necessary. Thanks for playing and let me know if you have any more questions! -James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.