Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hunt for the Tigress reinforcement question (placement) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaganishu Khan
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
We played the Hunt for the Tigress scenario with 3 heroes tonight, and ran into 2 issues that I d like to get some info on.

First, when I activate the event as OL, I get to choose from 3 different things that can happen. Lets say I choose Reinforcements, and have 6+ pirates dead already.

There are only cost 1 miniatures in this scenario, so I can respawn up to 6 models. Unfortunately, 6 models do not fit properly into the respawn areas. Only 5, if you are not looking too closely.

As soon as a hero stands in there, its down to 4. Also, there is not enough space to play 2 models in some areas of the playing field. Is this an oversight?

As written, I can never reinforce a full 6 models.

Second issue, Bodyguard. At what point during the attack sequence do the heroes decide a bodyguard is taking the shot?

We played it like this:
OL says" I shoot Belit with this archer"
Belit player says "This guard here takes the shot"
I roll attack
Belit player rolls defense for the guard (well, he doesnt have any, so its static)
Belit player removes guard if I roll well enough.

Afterwards however, the players asked whether they could have me roll, and THEN decide whether to take the hit with belit or the guard.
How do you handle this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khaunshar wrote:
...As soon as a hero stands in there, its down to 4. Also, there is not enough space to play 2 models in some areas of the playing field. Is this an oversight?

It sounds like an oversight, but one which certainly had to have been noticed by playtesters. i'd simply "overflow" the reinforcements into adjacent spaces in that case (in particular if a hero is taking up some of the space).

Khaunshar wrote:
Second issue, Bodyguard. At what point during the attack sequence do the heroes decide a bodyguard is taking the shot?

We played it like this:
OL says" I shoot Belit with this archer"
Belit player says "This guard here takes the shot"
I roll attack
Belit player rolls defense for the guard (well, he doesnt have any, so its static)
Belit player removes guard if I roll well enough.

Afterwards however, the players asked whether they could have me roll, and THEN decide whether to take the hit with belit or the guard.
How do you handle this?

The skill says, "When a friendly character in this character's area defends, this character can parry instead of that character's Guard action..." Thus the decision to Bodyguard or not seems to be made at the same time the original target character would choose (or not) to Guard.

The way you describe having played it is (IMO) almost correct: the OL declares the shot and rolls the dice. The player does not have to decide to Guard (resp. Bodyguard) until after the attack dice are rolled. Heroes' Book, page 7:

Quote:
When a hero is attacked, after the attack power is determined, the hero defends against the attack. The hero chooses whether or not to perform a Guard action.

Where "attack power" is defined earlier on as being the total result of the attack roll. Since Bodyguard replaces Guard, the decision to use it (or not) would/should be made at the same point in time as decision to Guard (or not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he is talking about Belit's Guards in Hunting the Tigress then he might mean the Sacrifice skill (rather than Bodyguard).

If this is the case then you choose to sacrifice before the attack roll is made; essentially you are switching the target of the attack. So the way you played it was correct.

As an aside, Belit's Guards (and other allies) can defend; all allies have the same abilities as OL characters. This means Belit can spend extra gems to move them 1 space per gem, roll an orange defence die per gem, and reroll a die per gem (this is missing from the rules but confirmed by Monolith somewhere or other...). However, if they use sacrifice then they cannot defend (as it says in the skill).

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.