Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin d
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So just a general question overall... I have all the expansions + core set, and as you know, that is a mess ton of action cards... I think there was something like 20 location cards and well over 150+ action cards (i never counted, I am just guesstimating here)...

Do you play with all the action cards? or do you take just a random half, and drop in a random amount location cards?

I have played 2 games now... and yes, even the 1st mission kicks my butt (obj, tank hunter).. having 23 resource points for that seems a bit daunting. Esp, when you activate the obj card.

Needless to say, it has been a blood bath for me, but none the less, I will find a team that works well (I am playing US), and hopefully after sacrificing some of my dice later tonight, the Dice Gods will be pleased and bring me great defeat cover rolls and minimal reloads.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with all the action cards, but usually have them in 2 sometimes 3 stacks. On a long mission I may well go through the entire deck 1 to 2 times.

If I may suggest - take a longer higher RP mission, the low RP ones are less forgiving!

Be methodical and take your time - run 2-3 player soldiers if you can.
Don't forget the LMG and/or Rifle grenades and/or bazooka...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'that is a mess ton of action cards' - glad you asked the question, it was on my mind too.
With modern Warfighter, once I had sleeved them, there were just too many to use, and sliding over onto the table (oh, and the hilarious part was watching the pile 'grow' - yes, grow as the plastic breathed/expanded - I watched the stack grow/rise 1 inch - 25mm taller wow).
Some use a cardholder (mini skyscraper which I think gets in the way).
I just give the action card deck a really good shuffle, and put a stack on the table. My squad never seems to last that long, so I never need to worry (well, not so far ...) about a second or third pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.