Popular Tags: canada [+] ontario [+] [View All]
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was smoking hot on June 2nd for the 11th official TABScon - a day of open board gaming and wargaming hosted by the Toronto Boardgame Society (TABS - www.tabsonline.net )

Many games were played. A few euros that come to mind were Tigris & Euphrats, Puerto Rico, San Juan, Imperial, Power Grid...there were also many political and war games like Game of Thrones and Soldier Kings going on through the day.

This was the first con with special guests from Triafata - a Toronto game group that specializes in hosting miniatures games. They hosted a large naval battle game with huge ship models. There was also a few playtests for Steve Lefort's new miniatures-scale Zombie game Xombies Attack!!! and his hilarious dexterity card game Employee of the Week.

Along with the usual entry ticket door prizes, there was also a large number of games up for raffle for $1 a ticket, 8 for $5 and 10 for $10. Games like Attika, Twilight Struggle, Battlelore, Tikal, Niagara, Otre Mare, Crusader Rex (and a other intense wargames I know nothing about) were raffled off to lucky winners.

Photos of the June 2nd TABScon will be posted in the TABS website gallery as soon as they are submitted.

The following 2007 dates have been confirmed for the next "CondoCons": September 29 and December 1.

These all-day gaming events are open to all. It's free to become a member of TABS. Just sign-up at www.tabsonline.net to learn more about the event and/or organize games for the day.

This year's cons have all been scheduled to take place in a large hall in the Bayview/401 area - walking distance from the Sheppard subway line, with plenty of free parking on-site for highway drivers.

The day starts at 9am sharp and goes until 8pm, but you can come and go through-out the day as you please. Ad-hoc gaming and scheduled gaming happens all day. A $5 fee for the event helps covers the cost of the space rental - it also enters you into a draw for several door prizes.

In the past, there has been over 60 players, as well as some local game designers and e-tailers.

Join TABS to find out more about the quarterly Cons and the weekly TABS-sponsored game nights around Toronto, or just to chat in the forums and organize games at each other's homes.

See you on September 29th, 2007!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Toronto Borad Game mini-con a Hot success
I clicked on this thread to see what a "Borad" is and was quickly disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I clicked on this thread to see what a "Borad" is and was quickly disappointed.

Hey! I edited that typo...I guess it didn't take. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.