Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 13, left column, Fourth paragraph (above the diagram), it says that Romans have "Recruiting possibilities remain in the Nervii and Unii regions". Why can't they recruit in Treveri also, where they have a fort?

The rules clearly state (3.2.1) that Romans need control to get an Ally down, but they only need Leader/Fort/Ally to add Auxilia. Since Treveri is "No Control", why can't the Romans place Auxilia there? If it was under Gallic control could they?

I love this community because I know I will have an answer in less than 15 minutes. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added "place Auxilia" to be more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
familygaming wrote:
On page 13, left column, Fourth paragraph (above the diagram), it says that Romans have "Recruiting possibilities remain in the Nervii and Unii regions". Why can't they recruit in Treveri also, where they have a fort?

The rules clearly state (3.2.1) that Romans need control to get an Ally down, but they only need Leader/Fort/Ally to add Auxilia. Since Treveri is "No Control", why can't the Romans place Auxilia there? If it was under Gallic control could they?

I love this community because I know I will have an answer in less than 15 minutes. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added "place Auxilia" to be more specific.

Agh, not under 15 minutes. blushblush

From the official errata thread here at BGG:

Quote:
Page 13, first full paragraph, line 5: "one Auxilia" should be "two Auxilia". Note also that the Romans could have Recruited 1 Auxilia in Treveri for the Fort there. Last paragraph, note that Arverni Rally at Carnutes could replace their Ally in the City of Cenabum with a Citadel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simply because that player chose not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supermaxv wrote:

Agh, not under 15 minutes. :blush::blush:

Actually, you had at least a minute to spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Avery
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for coming to my aid. I was rushing to re-read the tutorial before teaching it today. A few niggling questions came up but it went well overall. I now have a 4p that is looking forward to playing COIN again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.