Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curious Fu
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
mb
Team Play Rules

Teams are two sets of riders for a total team of four riders. In order to win, one team needs only to have a single rider be in first position at the end of the game.

Everything is almost as normal:

1. Players simultaneously and independently select their first cyclist’s card from the drawn hand of four (as per normal play).
2. Teams show each other the selected card (additional team play rule).
3. Players simultaneously and independently select their second cyclist’s card from the drawn hand of four (as per normal play).
4. All players reveal their cards and move their cyclists (as per normal play).
5. If team mates land on a totally occupied square (occupied completely by team members), they can decide who goes back (additional team play rule).

These rules can be used for solo play as well. They can also be used in a three player game by handicapping the team. Additionally, a fourth ‘bot’ player can be added to one human player’s team using the same rules as solo play. The team will need to be handicapped and winning conditions altered slightly for solo play. I make it that the 'bot' can't win the game, it has to be the human player's rider to be in first place. Additionally for solo play or playing with a ‘bot’, I alter the order of the reveal: bot, human, bot, human.

These rules can also be used in complete co-op by racing against ‘bots’. Again, a handicap will need to be enforced.

I also experimented with a drafting variant where players select a card and pass them to their team mate. I didn't come up with anything that was much good with a drafting mechanism. Perhaps someone has an idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting. Would love to hear more!

Regards
Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I was thinking about team scoring: 8pts for the winner, 6pts for second place and so on down to zero for last place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.