Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Is gear unique if there is only 1 card.
2) Are artifacts unique?

I.e. you find loot.
The loot says draw an artifact.
You get a artifact magic book "XXXX".
Does the book stay out of the artifact deck until sold to NPC's?
Does the artifact deck get smaller and smaller as the camapaign progresses?

Same question for found gear.

We have character sheets so we could copy the stats to our character sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is entirely up to your group. There are no rules or guidelines for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
If you're playing with a fixed posse then it's up to you whether to reserve out the item cards acquired. If you play pickup posses then that's obviously not possible.

Even if you don't reserve out the cards, the makers do suggest that a single character should not be able to own more of a single item than there are cards for in the deck- e.g. if there's only one of a specific artifact card then you wouldn't be able to have two of that artifact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally the cards stay with the character. Personally, I wish the cards were numbered like Arkadia Quest. I am trying to run two campaigns with different players when it dawned on me that the second campaign will have a tougher time finding good stuff because my first group has hoarded so much stuff.

If the cards were numbered, it would be easier to shuffle stuff back into the decks and locate them come time to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the others said: Up to you.

We keep the cards with the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do whatever works for you group(s).

We write the items down on character sheets, then shuffle them back in at the end of the session. This is largely due to the fact that we have so many heroes and posse options. There are a couple fixed posses (always the same heroes running), but often we just grab random heroes of around the same level.

We also allow a hero to carry multiples of gear or artifacts (ie The Judge) if they happen to find a second one. We figure that whatever world created that item probably created more than one, especially with weapons. For example, the Void Pistol is probably just an Other World's version of the Pistol, and was probably just as common there as a pistol is in Brimstone.

That said, it's getting really hard to find duplicate items now that the decks are growing. Especially the gear deck. I don't even shuffle the Gear deck every session - I often just put cards on the bottom without shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I take a photo at the end of each session, unless the cards are staying on the table. Upgrades without cards I record on a chart on my ipad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:
That is entirely up to your group. There are no rules or guidelines for this.

One of the playtesters told us that the playtest assumed that gear and artifact cards were kept by the characters rather than returned to the decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep the cards (and take them out of the decks again when starting a new session). I hear that's the way FFP does it but yeah, it's up to your group. Letting multiple copies of Artifacts (like The Judge) float around without restriction is definitely going to impact posse power creep.

We DO play Hero mix-n-match a lot - all of are players have at least 2 characters and some have as many as 10. As someone above me mentioned, playing this way (swapping Heroes in and out) can create an issue when you're trying to keep the cards with the players who have them if the total number of a copies of a item in the current posse exceeds the numbers of cards available for it. In this case, we allow an exception. We deal out as many copies as we have and the players share. This keeps them out of the decks (which abides by our original rules), but doesn't rob Heroes of loot that they legitimately obtained.

- Jee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I don't see any reason to keep the cards after the session when they've been copied to the character sheet. Once you start adding upgrades you can't use the card anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.