Subject: Mines and ports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David de Andrés Martínez
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question related to the logic behind minelaying/minesweeping while attacking a port city.

Let's assume the following situation:
There is a ground attack onto a port city in which the defender has laid a mine field and has a naval unit already there.
The attacker sends a naval unit to sweep the mine field and, possibly, both of them may have air units sent to the battle.

According to the rules, there is no naval phase combate segment when there are ground units of both sides in the battle hex, so:
a) Does the naval unit in a minesweeping mission automatically succeeds or it depends on the result of the ground combat?
b) Do the defender naval unit try to battle the minesweeping enemy unit or it must support the defender ground units in the ground combat?
c) Are they considered for this purpose as two different battles (minesweeping and ground combat) or just one?

Any clarification would be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Un Streetfighter avec un doctorat
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been scratching my head over this one too... I would say that per 14.3.3, the defending naval unit cannot exit the port, so the minesweeper can go on unabated, and would succeed at the end of the phase. That would be two different battles. Note that the minesweeper cannot assist in the ground combat.

I've noticed your Vassal microbadge... I have little experience with Vassal, but I would love to try Russian Front on it one day. If you're interested (or anyone else reading this) let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Cattrall
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Well my friend and i love this game also and can you tell me what a vassel is so we can possibly play long distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David de Andrés Martínez
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a "vassel", but VASSAL.

VASSAL is a game engine for building and playing online adaptations of board games and card games. It allows users to play in real time over a live Internet connection (in addition to playing by email). It runs on all platforms, and is free for personal use.

VASSAL web site: http://www.vassalengine.org/

There you can find modules (the files you need play) for lots of board and card games, including "Russian Front".

You can check "The BoardGameGeek VASSAL Competitor's Directory -- wargamers wanted!" (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/23350/) to find opponents for playing different games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.