Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well I got the game along with the solo expansions and the firefight generator

game is good AI is great but I do ahve some questions about replay ability

- I read several threads about trying to play the main game missions with the AI deck, did anyone have a good method to do it? Also I read that one could play both sides using the spend mechanism how does that work?

- In the firefight generator, can I use the 3 or for player scenarios ? ,also , can one change some stuff in the scenarios ? Like adding more maps instead of one or things like that

Thing is that I'm reading the main game firefights and there are epics fifths with 3 maps or so, and I would love to have that in the solo game

+bonus question ++

Does launching smoke have any AP cost?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the firefight generator doesn't generate maps. it allows you to setup whatever map configuration you like before you start generating. some cards, during squad generation, have you modify the maps (if you wish) but solo there's really no reason to do this

There are rules for generating 3 and 4 player maps. additionally, the mission event thingie for the solo generator can be used with the base game's scenarios, with a little ingenuity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, I think my wording wasn't clear, what I meant is that if I can play solo the scenarios that are intended for 3..4 players

Also I saw In the creator manual that the scenarios tells you to pick 1 map, if I pick two , or make some modifications to the setup , would it break the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Launching smoke is firing and costs the AP to fire.

You wouldn't want to change The scenarios generated by the FF Generator because that defeats the purpose. But I suppose you could. Can't understand why you'd want to. The FFG permits you to generate FFs with multiple maps. Aren't there three different scales FFs you can generate?

Playing the FFs from the two player game using solo system would require work on your part to define the mission track.

You can use the solo cards, minus the command cards, to replace the AP spent mechanism in two-player games, that is, face to face games. Instaed of a fixed pool of AP points for the active unit, just play as if you were the Player in a solo game. After a unit acts, draw a card only to see if the unit is spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarifying my above starements...

The FF generator starts out in most cases with a single map, and there is at least one scenario that starts with two.

Each deck of cards, German and Russian, has two cards that permit the player to add a new map. So that's a potential for six maps, but that would be extremely unlikely.

Each deck has one card in the infantry set and the other in the armor set, if I a m correct in labeling them that way. Anyway, one card is in the low numbered cards and the other in the high. The former adds Infantry units, the latter armor.

So you could construct a FF generator scenario for a larger 3-4 map game. Something like this: start with the scenario that uses two maps or a 3-4 player scenario altered to use two maps at start. Then force each player to play one card that adds maps, either both infantry or both armor cards. Then deal out one less card to each player as called for by the scenario. This would get you four maps. You'd have to determine if there were enough units to fill those maps. You can always start with a larger hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dgenclass wrote:
Thanks for the answer, I think my wording wasn't clear, what I meant is that if I can play solo the scenarios that are intended for 3..4 players

Honestly, no idea. I've never looked at them and don't know how 3-4 player CoH is supposed to work (I assume two teams).

Quote:
Also I saw In the creator manual that the scenarios tells you to pick 1 map, if I pick two , or make some modifications to the setup , would it break the game

Unfortunately, the wording isn't clear. But you can put multiple maps together if you desire giant firefights, like Scenario 3 in the solitaire expansion. You can also choose to construct larger armies (more starting command points too), although this will inevitably result in a longer session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.