Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed something that isn't relevant at all but I still thought I should mention it here, in case the publishers and designers would read this and maybe fix it on later prints.

The Guild card "Merchants Guild" is wrongly called "Traders Guild" in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And the translator doesn't know the difference between 'specifically' and 'especially'. On first page, "...but offers a new challenge, especially adapted for one-on-one games."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:
I just noticed something that isn't relevant at all but I still thought I should mention it here, in case the publishers and designers would read this and maybe fix it on later prints.

The Guild card "Merchants Guild" is wrongly called "Traders Guild" in the rulebook.

If you really want to be useful, a page reference and text location would be the way to go. I've quickly scanned my rulebook and didn't notice any references to Traders Guild. The "especially" part, though, is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
If you really want to be useful, a page reference and text location would be the way to go. I've quickly scanned my rulebook and didn't notice any references to Traders Guild. The "especially" part, though, is there.
Sorry for not being useful.
Here you go: Page 16, Guild cards. On page 18, it's corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, there are probably different EDITED printings. For example, in Helpsheet, on page 2, column 2 on official web site English PDF it is only draft pyramid construction scheme. In my English Helpsheet in the box, column 2 on page 2 is longer with smaller font, with summary of turn, trading etc, similar to Finnish version.

In my English rulebook, blue has Courthouse and red has Pretorium. In English PDF, it is blue Tribunal and red Courthouse.
ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iori_Yagami wrote:
And the translator doesn't know the difference between 'specifically' and 'especially'. On first page, "...but offers a new challenge, especially adapted for one-on-one games."

I think that especially is an apposite choice here. It can mean "particularly". Specifically works as well in the context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.