Subject: Risk Legacy $24.53 @ Amazon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Dead [+] [View All]
Jeffrey Leegon
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Looks like Amazon has Risk for their lowest price ever according to camel camel camel.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-JUN118204-Risk-Legacy-Game/dp/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never had any intention of buying this game but at that price I figured why not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a great game and the only version I'll ever play. I have three copies, one played, two unplayed. I paid around $44 for each. Great price here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Is it really "unplayable" once completed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very pleased to say this is my first "for me" purchase this whole sales season. I've held myself back quite a bit, but my family has always loved Risk and this was a no-brainer. And I get it before Christmas too! Maybe I can play it with my family over the break.

Thanks for the post!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Piro
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's playable, the only changes I've made after completing 15 games and playing future games is not giving the specific player bonuses they obtained (continent naming bonuses and missile bonuses) and using an alternative method to give out missiles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCaughey
United States
Woodland Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nez477 wrote:
I'm very pleased to say this is my first "for me" purchase this whole sales season. I've held myself back quite a bit, but my family has always loved Risk and this was a no-brainer. And I get it before Christmas too! Maybe I can play it with my family over the break.

Thanks for the post!

I wish I had your self-control. Every time I said "this is my last 'for me' purchase of the year," something else awesome comes along at a no-brainer price.

But this is my last "for me" purchase of the year! I swear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omar Valdes
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Amazon,

please stop....

Sincerely yours,

My Wallet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
BridgeBurner wrote:
Dear Amazon,

please stop....

Sincerely yours,

My Wallet

For real. A week ago, I told my wife that I was done buying games for the year.

I bought two new games (Risk Legacy and Sekigahara) this morning. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Leegon
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Yeah, I have said the "This is the last one honest" to my wife thing several times already. At least this one I can force other people to chip in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Web
msg tools
FYI, during checkout I noticed these words next to the product image:

"Toy | Rejects from Studios"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Leamons
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fear The Fin
mbmbmbmbmb
And now it's continued dropping, now $24.23.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
$23.52!

I bought it at $29. Amazon seems to have changed their policy and will no longer refund if they drop their price within days of a purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man... I don't think I can resist any more. I'm not sure I'll find a dedicated group to run through this, but at just over 20 bucks, it's worth a shot.

Vegas King wrote:
$23.52!

I bought it at $29. Amazon seems to have changed their policy and will no longer refund if they drop their price within days of a purchase.

I feel like that's a bad move on them, people are just buying new copies and returning the new one as the old one. It's costing them more in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zelasco
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vegas King wrote:
$23.52!

That's because they are assuming that you are asking for a price match by default, which they don't do. They aren't even looking to see what a price protection policy is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad G
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Buyer beware if this deal pops up again. I got my copy today. All corners were taped back together with shipping tape. Ironically the "What is undone can't be undone" tamper sticker next to the handle had been removed and reapplied with the help of some more shipping tape. This game has clearly been opened. Contents appear to all be there but I can't say the same for the mystery packets and boxes. I would be mad if I started to play this and it turns out some of the secret stuff was missing. Back to Amazon it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim

Lascassas
TN - Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead! $47.48. I was going to be in for a second copy since my first copy is UNLIKELY to be played through with the group it started with, so I would have a fresh start with a new group. Oh well, bad decision (?) averted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:
Buyer beware if this deal pops up again. I got my copy today. All corners were taped back together with shipping tape. Ironically the "What is undone can't be undone" tamper sticker next to the handle had been removed and reapplied with the help of some more shipping tape. This game has clearly been opened. Contents appear to all be there but I can't say the same for the mystery packets and boxes. I would be mad if I started to play this and it turns out some of the secret stuff was missing. Back to Amazon it goes.

Oh no! I hope it's new...it's a Christmas present. Well, if it's screwed up back it goes. We have an amazon store now so returns are free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
uberzone wrote:

Mine showed up all taped too. I haven't opened to see if everything is there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Snider
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived a few days ago and seems fine. I cut the "What is done..." sticker and things look good inside. That was the only thing I had to remove to open the box. It's been a long time since I bought my original copy and don't remember how that was sealed. But this all looks good here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me Too
United States
California
flag msg tools
uberzone wrote:

I think this is the way it is supposed to be. Mine was the same way. I believe this is how it is shipped from Hasbro. Has package-tape-looking tape on a couple corners and underneath the "What is done.." sticker.

*Edit* Just did a quick search and found a couple of reddit threads discussing the same thing. I am thinking that maybe they started "reinforcing" the box recently. Perhaps they had issues with the single sticker breaking and the box edges coming apart?

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/5hhauo/was_my_r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.