Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Good day everyone. I have a few questions:

1. in the PROTOCOL 7 (first mission), it says not to place additional agents after set up. Does this mean the game starts without agents on the board? or am i missing something here?
2. in the large rooms (9 tiles), do i have to perform a breach and clear if these is an agent disk/opfor in it? or only if there is an objective marker? since these are the only tiles that we can shoot diagonally, how can we make use of this ability (being able to shoot diagonally) if we have to do a b&c everytime we enter a room with opfor?
3. if the mercs are in a larger room (9 tiles), can the opfor enter the room? again, back to my question 2, how can we then make use of shooting diagonally?
(by the way, i know that we can also set up the hallway tiles in a way so that we can shoot diagonally, but my questions are geared towards using this in the large rooms)

thank you for your help!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1. I can't recall, as it's been awhile since I've played.

2 and 3, OpFor can enter the big room, so that's how to make use of the diagonal shooting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It has ben answered before and it does mean no additional agents once the game is underway. This doesn't mean no additional opfro though just no additional agent discs from events.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Hahma wrote:
For 1. I can't recall, as it's been awhile since I've played.

2 and 3, OpFor can enter the big room, so that's how to make use of the diagonal shooting.


Ok. so to confirm, opfor are not allowed to enter the small rooms only if there are mercs inside, but they can enter large rooms with mercs inside. and if mercs enter a small room with agents/opfor then there has to be a b&C, but if they enter a non objective large room with opfor/agnets in it, then they do not have to do b&c?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Starman54 wrote:
1. It has ben answered before and it does mean no additional agents once the game is underway. This doesn't mean no additional opfro though just no additional agent discs from events.


ok, to confirm then, when we start the game we put initial agents on the board. after this any other agent discs requested by the movement cards do not get placed? only opfor are allowed to be placed. is this correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
Hahma wrote:
For 1. I can't recall, as it's been awhile since I've played.

2 and 3, OpFor can enter the big room, so that's how to make use of the diagonal shooting.


Ok. so to confirm, opfor are not allowed to enter the small rooms only if there are mercs inside, but they can enter large rooms with mercs inside. and if mercs enter a small room with agents/opfor then there has to be a b&C, but if they enter a non objective large room with opfor/agnets in it, then they do not have to do b&c?


If Mercs enter a large room that has opfor in it, they still have to do a B&C. It's still a room and if a room has opfor in it you have to non-objective B&C when Mercs enter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
Starman54 wrote:
1. It has ben answered before and it does mean no additional agents once the game is underway. This doesn't mean no additional opfro though just no additional agent discs from events.


ok, to confirm then, when we start the game we put initial agents on the board. after this any other agent discs requested by the movement cards do not get placed? only opfor are allowed to be placed. is this correct?


I believe so and there are not seperate rules for large rooms over small rooms. The large rooms just add the opportunity for diagonal LOS.

So if an opfor can't enter a small occupied room it can't enter a large occupied room it only seems to be limited by occupancy retrictions.

Edits: To make corrections after re reading rules and faq.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TBH the whole OpFor movement rules are pretty sparse , I just checked the rules and the FAQ and the only restriction i can see are on Agent disc movement , Employee movement and MERCS having to B&C to enter an occupied room and occupancy limits.

I cannot see any restrictions on Opfor entering any type of room , obvioulsy small rooms have very limited occupancy so maybe this is what the confusion is about.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I really just remember Agent discs not being able to move into a room with a Merc. As Jerry mentioned, otherwise, a worker or SecFor could enter a room with a Merc if there is room in that area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Agents do not leave a closed room to enter an area with MERCS."

"Employees will not move INTO an area with a MERC."

Apart from capacity restrictions those are the only rules.

I think I am still waiting on a reply on if an Agent can enter a closed room with MERCS.

Also not sure of the difference between a closed room and a room, the only reference to it in the rules is the one I quoted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Jerry has it right. Been too long since I've played and don't remember thewording exactly.


Employees are looking for the shortest way to the stairs. So they aren't looking to move into a room with a Merc really and they are trying to get out of LoS I believe too. So they have no reason to enter a room with a Merc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.