Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the title says, I'm playing a Frontier Doc who took field research for a starting skill, and just last night he by level 5, finishing the research tree (the far right tree).

I'm not sure where to go from here.
All three other trees have skills that are good.

Field work has a strength bonus,
But I think the treatment skill from healing is better than antidote.
Getting grit for healing, also from the healing tree is also really good.
And finally the ability to no use a bandage half the time from the science tree has the potential to make my healing ability last much longer.

In short, I have no idea where I want to go next. What are your thoughts?
3 skills to buy between now and max level, which ones should they be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big fan of the Field Work track - especially if you're only going to get 3 more upgrades, max - so if I was already Level 5 I'd ignore that one.

Ingenuity in the Science track is decent, but I don't like that it requires a Grit and that you can still fail the roll, wasting the Grit.

Personally, I would get Triage (+1 Max Grit with a chance to recover a Grit every time you heal someone) for sure, and either Treatment (my preference, it guarantees at least 60 XP whenever you heal someone) or Ingenuity (hopefully Triage can replace any Grit lost from failed Ingenuity rolls) for your second upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SabastianBludd wrote:
I'm not a big fan of the Field Work track - especially if you're only going to get 3 more upgrades, max - so if I was already Level 5 I'd ignore that one.

Ingenuity in the Science track is decent, but I don't like that it requires a Grit and that you can still fail the roll, wasting the Grit.

Personally, I would get Triage (+1 Max Grit with a chance to recover a Grit every time you heal someone) for sure, and either Treatment (my preference, it guarantees at least 60 XP whenever you heal someone) or Ingenuity (hopefully Triage can replace any Grit lost from failed Ingenuity rolls) for your second upgrade.

You make some excellent points.
The main draw of the field work track for me is the strength bonus (strength 2 is rough)
I guess the main choice then is if ingenuity or dispassionate is a better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.