warim tatarin
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

im playing around 20 games a week on Steam, Im around 2100 elopoints, so whats the deal, im looking for a Application or maybe and Excel sheet which gives me the possibility to track played cards and then to see whats on my enemies hand.

I can do that in my mind, but if I play simultaneous games I lose track pretty fast. Plus I would like to analyze games.

The search haven't showed any expected results.
I found this one.
http://twilightstruggle.krzysztofmorcinek.com/#cards

But it is not very handy. Also there is no save option.

An simple Excel sheet would be enough, is somebody into and got one to share?

Anyway even if I won't find a good sheet, im ready to share my own one.(Which I have not created atm)

I can do some programming and share the application of course, if there is some demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds a bit excessive, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like a card manifest list too. Something like the card gallery in the digital game. But adapted to spreadsheets so text base with a way to show which cards have been used.

But yeah 20 games? How many do you play simultaneously and with what time parameters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
warim tatarin
Germany
flag msg tools
Jambo wrote:
Sounds a bit excessive, no?

Well maybe you are right, but it is the only way to keep track of your common mistakes and the best way to get better. Like a Chess player tracking his game to get a advantage.

DiploGuy wrote:
I would like a card manifest list too. Something like the card gallery in the digital game. But adapted to spreadsheets so text base with a way to show which cards have been used.

But yeah 20 games? How many do you play simultaneously and with what time parameters?

1. Im gonna share with you and im open for corrections.

2. Most common are 90 min games some times 2 simultaneously. Sometimes 45 min but thats not enough time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, sure, but it's not chess is it. There's dice and there is the random draw of cards, so you're always at the mercy of lady luck despite your best laid plans ... and spreadsheets.

Perhaps it's just he difference of someone who sits at 2000 rating and plays multiple games at the same time in a fairly relaxed manor vs someone who seriously wants to get into the realms of 2200.

If you find it fun, I guess go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Sparks
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mb
Wadim wrote:
Hey guys,

im playing around 20 games a week on Steam, Im around 2100 elopoints, so whats the deal, im looking for a Application or maybe and Excel sheet which gives me the possibility to track played cards and then to see whats on my enemies hand.

I can do that in my mind, but if I play simultaneous games I lose track pretty fast. Plus I would like to analyze games.

I found this one.

Anyway even if I won't find a good sheet, im ready to share my own one.(Which I have not created atm)

I can do some programming and share the application of course, if there is some demand.

The best system to use is not to place played cards directly in the discard pile during the action round. I like to place them off to the side of the board in two rows in the order that they were played. The top row is for the Soviets and bottom for the U.S. So the first card at the beginning of the rows are the cards played for the Headline phase. The first round the Soviet then places their card on the top row next to the Headline card and then the U.S. on the bottom. And just keep repeating to you have two complete rows for the whole round. You can see which cards were played as you go along. For cards that were played for the event I like to turn them upside down in the row played. For cards that were played for the event and going to get removed from play I turn over to the backside. When the round is over you can see how the entire round played out and then you just do clean up. Remove what cards you need and then place everything in the discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
warim tatarin
Germany
flag msg tools
game_monkey wrote:
Wadim wrote:
Hey guys,

I found this one.

The best system to use is not to place played cards directly in the discard pile during the action round. I like to place them off to the side of the board in two rows in the order that they were played. The top row is for the Soviets and bottom for the U.S. So the first card at the beginning of the rows are the cards played for the Headline phase. The first round the Soviet then places their card on the top row next to the Headline card and then the U.S. on the bottom. And just keep repeating to you have two complete rows for the whole round. You can see which cards were played as you go along. For cards that were played for the event I like to turn them upside down in the row played. For cards that were played for the event and going to get removed from play I turn over to the backside. When the round is over you can see how the entire round played out and then you just do clean up. Remove what cards you need and then place everything in the discard pile.

You seem to have a nice system with reallife cards, I think this is a very good way to keep track. But there are two cons that don't allow me to do it this way.
1. I can not track my games, I have to reshuffle the cards and thats it.
2. I have no Statistic for example how much ops are in the deck in average

but still a nice system, I try to get some Ideas of you into my Excel sheet/Java app

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.