Hide
11 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » General

Subject: When Will English Edition of New T&E Revised Version Debut? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know when the English version of the new "Tigris & Euphrates" revised version will be released? (And will it be through Mayfair again?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Alexandria Bay
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am curious. I just bit the bullet and bought the Pegasus version from Adam-spielt.de due to the paucity of information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: When Will English Edition of New T&E Revised Version Deb
I imagine that will depend on how long it takes the current Mayfair edition to sell through, and how well the new version is received.

A similar scenario is playing out with Princes of Florence...the English edition, based on the alea original, is going to be available until the current run sells out, and then Jay is going to decide whether he wants to stick with the old art and rules, or to incorporate the new options into his next print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dunn
United States
Winchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have yet to play this game, but have heard nothing but good about it. Should I pick one up now or wait for the revised version to be released? What do you all recommend?
Thanks!
Derek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I advise just doing what sounds best to you.

There's no guarantee that the new edition will end up being translated into English though, and it would be easy enough to make up your own version of the new pieces if you really felt the urge to play with those rules.

Chances are that if Mayfair released a new edition they would probably offer "upgrade packs" with the new monuments for older edition owners anyway, at least that's my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board Game News has officially put out word that Mayfair plans to do the new version of the game, at some indeterminate time in the future:

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...

As I conjectured above, it will be based on exhaustion of current stock.

No word yet on whether an upgrade pack will be available (i.e.: new board and new monument type buildings) for current owners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, it's been almost a year since this news came out. Anybody seen any updates? Last official news I saw was 8/2007:
Quote:
In April 2007, Pegasus Spiele released a new version of Tigris & Euphrates with a double-sided gameboard and variants created by designer Reiner Knizia. The immediate question from English-speaking gamers: When will we see this version in English?

In June, Mayfair Games said that it would include some of these changes in the next printing of the game. Now Robert T. Carty, Jr., vice-president of sales and marketing for Mayfair, says, “With regard to the T&E double board question, we are anticipating the new edition sometime in 2008, and yes, it should feature the double-sided board.”

The official waiting time, in other words, is four to sixteen months. Convince someone else to buy the current version and deplete the stock, and you’ll see the new version sooner rather than later.

I couldn't find any mention of T&E news whatsoever at the Mayfair's site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:

My understanding is that Mayfair does considerably larger print runs than Rio Grande or the other smaller American publishers, and a game like Euphrat, which has been in continuous print for quite some time, will take more than a year to sell through. I'm not surprised there's no news about it, because the need to reprint is still probably a ways off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
pastabatman wrote:

My understanding is that Mayfair does considerably larger print runs than Rio Grande or the other smaller American publishers, and a game like Euphrat, which has been in continuous print for quite some time, will take more than a year to sell through. I'm not surprised there's no news about it, because the need to reprint is still probably a ways off.

Well, they must be getting very close. Online stock is very scarce (only 5/18 places I checked from boardgameprices.com have stock). Boards&Bits and ThoughtHammer have been sold out for at least the last six months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Update on the Mayfair revised reprint:

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
broady wrote:

Woo Hoo! For the lazy, here's the news:
Quote:
Tigris & Euphrates, Coming Anew from Mayfair Games

Reiner Knizia’s Tigris & Euphrates is a classic game that has been on the market for more than a decade. Spiel des Jahres nominee, Deutsche Spiele Preis winner, clashes of burgeoning civilizations in Mesopotamia – how much better could this game get?

Find out in October 2008 when Mayfair Games releases a revised edition of Tigris & Euphrates that includes a two-sided gameboard, four new civilization buildings, and an advanced scenario for game play. German publisher Pegasus Spiele released a version of the game with these elements in 2007, but now that Mayfair has sold out of its previous copies of the game, the company is incorporating these elements – which were designed by Knizia himself – in its new printing.

The new edition of Tigris & Euphrates will be released in October 2008 and retail for $55. This game has been updated on Gone Cardboard.

And the new box design ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.