Subject: How does this work? (Spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sera Finiert
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow players,

I've a question about the second part in this campaign. There is a place where you lay out some sort of "labyrinth". You need to go from start to finish. This is the place where you have encounter and whirl cards. I don't remember which place it was. But you have to choose different paths and you can use your potions of jump to access some short cuts. The wizard can use his teleportation ability for the first time as well.

But my gaming group and I don't quite understand how this place works, and what we do if we get to the end? There is no further cards face down, where we know how to proceed after crossing all other cards. Is the solution hidden in the whirl / encounter cards?

Can someone explain how this place works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall what comes next, but the goal is getting to the end of the labyrinth. There's nothing hidden in the encounters (well, nothing that the game depends on)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
If it's Location 17, then it tells you how to finish and then where to go at the bottom of the base card:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Your goal is to reach Space H.
Once it has been reached, the party heads to Location 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is explained on card A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sera Finiert
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the responses so far. I believe there is a card missing then.
Location 17 cards: 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 and 205

So Field H can't be reached. There is on card explaining what to do when you've found a path through the dungeon. I suppose the missing card is 206.

Can anybody scan the card? It would be helpful.

Simultaneously I will send Space Cowboys an eMail asking for a replacement card. I don't know if this is possible though.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Serafiniert wrote:

So Field H can't be reached. There is on card explaining what to do when you've found a path through the dungeon. I suppose the missing card is 206.

Simultaneously I will send Space Cowboys an eMail asking for a replacement card. I don't know if this is possible though.

Cheers

There is no card 206. You shuffle 5 of the 6 cards to create a path anyway.

Field H is just the empty space after card G. Any configuration should allow allow a path to go through all 5 cards (c/d/e/f/g) to reach the empty space on H.

Does that make sense?

Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sera Finiert
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
soosy wrote:
Serafiniert wrote:

Cheers

There is no card 206. You shuffle 5 of the 6 cards to create a path anyway.

Field H is just the empty space after card G. Any configuration should allow allow a path to go through all 5 cards (c/d/e/f/g) to reach the empty space on H.

Does that make sense?

Hope it helps.

It does make sense, thank you.

Actually I went through all cards and discovered, that we missed card number 198, which is the instruction card for this event.

In short: We were dumb.

Thanks a lot everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also nicht sehr raffiniert, haha...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walko
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Will someone comment on timing of the labyrinth?

I see that it says movement doesn't take time, but what about the tests?

1) If I open a vortex/encounter and pass the test on the first attempt, is this 1TU for stopping to read/open a card?

(or)

2) If I open a vortex/encounter and pass the test on the first attempt do I just keep on my merry way?

I feel like it's the first, because otherwise why would there be tests that are for 2 green rolls? Any group should be OK to pass this on the first attempt... so I assume it's there to just add a TU if you haven't found a way around the test otherwise?

This was unclear to my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling costs time as always
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.