Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing through the scenarios for the first time, and my gaming partner likes to question every rule, just to be sure. For instance he was certain that bold units could only gain the benefits of being bold (such as resisting a flag and striking back) if you rolled a flag against them. So pardon me if these seem obvious, but I want make sure we are playing it right. I found the BattleLore Card Compendium and the Reference Sheet, but has anyone released an FAQ for the general rules?

Thanks for the help.

1. Does darken the sky (and other cards that let one unit attack twice) allow that unit to attack two different units?

2. Do hills let elevated archers shoot over your own units?

3. If you are forced to retreat, do you always have to go backwards towards your own side? What if it is blocked by enemy troops?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
quartex wrote:

1. Does darken the sky (and other cards that let one unit attack twice) allow that unit to attack two different units?

Yes

Quote:

2. Do hills let elevated archers shoot over your own units?

No

Quote:

3. If you are forced to retreat, do you always have to go backwards towards your own side? What if it is blocked by enemy troops?

Yes - if retreat is blocked, regardless of what it is blocked by, each unresolved retreat space is taken as a casualty.

I'm not sure if there is a general FAQ - hopefully someone else can point you to one if there is.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to the BGG BattleLore FAQ, the only compilation I am aware of right now:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/141849

And here is another, non-BGG source for related information:

http://www.battleloremaster.com/faqerratadownloads/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. We just played scenario 4 and I finally won my first battle, of course playing as the dwarves and starting in high ground gave me a significant advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.