Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Allen
United States
White Settlement
Texas
flag msg tools
www.bobweekend.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: How can FunAgain expect availability in Dec 2016 and offer preorder for 3 bucks less than the Designer who will not be delivering till the end of January?

Gloomhaven
List Price: $120.00
Your Price: $96.99
(19% savings!)
(Worth 9,699 Funagain Points!)

This item is a preorder [more info], expected availability: December 2016
(All dates are estimates and subject to change).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
bobweekend wrote:
(All dates are estimates and subject to change).

So that really answers your first part and a good reason why they will sell it for $3 less than $100? Well they offer free shipping at $100... it may be counter productive for them to offer free shipping on a game this size so by doing this they'll either charge a good amount to ship OR they'll make a sale on another item for people trying to hit $100+...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been delayed since Cephalofair announced it to retail. If you preorder from most retailers, you should expect it about a month after the KS backers get it.

As for how they can undercut Cephalofair's price, they're buying it from a distributor at a discount, and so they're passing some of that discount to the customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Weber
msg tools
badge
Let's Go BLues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature market has them beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Publishers usually sell games at MSRP on their sites so as not to undercut retailers. They don't sell to retailers at MSRP, they sell to them usually around 50% less than MSRP which should be about double their cost. You'll hear this referred to as 'The rule of retail' where you try to sell what you buy around double the price. Everybody needs to make money doing this and they have overhead that eats into that price but lots of stores will cut that percentage down either because they don't have a brick and mortar store to pay for or they plan to sell more units to make up for that profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can "expect" anything. It's actually making it happen that's the hard part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
Publishers usually sell games at MSRP on their sites so as not to undercut retailers. They don't sell to retailers at MSRP...

This is exactly right. It is important for game developers to maintain a good relationship with their distribution channel and undercutting them isn't a good strategy for that.

Isaac did a good job of taking care of his backers on this campaign as they only paid like $79 (? I forgot the exact amount and don't feel like looking) for this awesome game. But if you rather save save $3 (or however much you can save via MM) but receive the game a month later that's a personal choice. I'd rather have the game earlier personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian DiPalma
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Yeah. In my case, I didn't get a chance to back this during the campaign. I did however put through a pre-order as soon as I could.

I was a little salty when I paid about $140 after the exchange rate in Canada, while BoardGameBliss is selling it for $105.

I didn't mind too much, though. Isaac personally answered a question for me in an E-mail awhile back. Seems like his heart is in the right place and that takes the sting of a few extra dollars away for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spooned wrote:
Yeah. In my case, I didn't get a chance to back this during the campaign. I did however put through a pre-order as soon as I could.

I was a little salty when I paid about $140 after the exchange rate in Canada, while BoardGameBliss is selling it for $105.

I didn't mind too much, though. Isaac personally answered a question for me in an E-mail awhile back. Seems like his heart is in the right place and that takes the sting of a few extra dollars away for sure.

I'm having the opposite problem: I ordered it for the lower price at BoardGameBliss, but now I'm thinking I'll have to wait longer to get it.

After reading through the rulebook and getting into full hype mode, I think I would've preferred to pay more and receive the game sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to this thread, I got my order into Funagain in time to be one of the lucky 10%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.