Hide
3 Posts

VENOM Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about effects that lower combat leader's dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J S
msg tools
When a bunch of venom support cards, etc say to lower your combat leader's combat value beyond the # of dice placed on the combat leader, do we then start removing dice from the freedom support cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Deffo no way.

It's as the card/effect text says - "reduce COMBAT LEADER's combat value..." so not the support gang. Not only would that be thematically weird, it'd make the game unfairly difficult!

(rather than being rewardingly difficult, hah!)

Remember that you get to go first on Tactical phase, so you can mitigate/reduce impact of any venom support cards that hammer your combat leader, if you want. Me..., I sometimes 'sacrifice' the combat leader and let the Venom cards batter him, choosing to offset bad cards that impact some of the support vehicles or troop cards I've got instead - as they will do the damage instead. I see it as the combat leader 'taking one for the team'. Man, I love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knight
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:

Deffo no way.

It's as the card/effect text says - "reduce COMBAT LEADER's combat value..." so not the support gang. Not only would that be thematically weird, it'd make the game unfairly difficult!

(rather than being rewardingly difficult, hah!)

Remember that you get to go first on Tactical phase, so you can mitigate/reduce impact of any venom support cards that hammer your combat leader, if you want. Me..., I sometimes 'sacrifice' the combat leader and let the Venom cards batter him, choosing to offset bad cards that impact some of the support vehicles or troop cards I've got instead - as they will do the damage instead. I see it as the combat leader 'taking one for the team'. Man, I love this game!

Correct, if you have no dice left then you no longer pull any from the leader. That is why you lay our dice out on the cards providing them so when you start pulling you know where they pull from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.