Subject: Game 1 -- world events wipe out the line people empire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stanford
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I played through my first game of pocket civ today. I played the simple version instead of the deluxe so I could get a better feel for the game before I spent time creating the shoebox edition.

Instead of following one of the scenarios, I created a map of my own to play through as many eras as I could get through. The map I created was compact, with 5 regions adjacent to 3 or 4 other regions. There was only 1 desert on the map as well.

I started off with a sandstorm in an uninhabited region in round one. In round 3, I created my first city and farm. I had an earthquake in round 4, but was still able to purchase cartage and create my second city. In round 5 I had an earthquake in the same region that had the desert. The cities weren't nearby, but any population loss early hurts. Especially, when in round 6, I drew the volcano event in one of the 2 regions I had a city. In round 7, I had an end of era check occur before I had a chance to recover from the destruction of my city in the previous round.

I had a good time playing, even though my final score from cartage and horticulture was 10. I think next time through, I will try to aim for 3 cities before the start of the second era, instead of 2 cities + technologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.