Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Does The Black Knight look a little... out of place? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not talking about its gameplay, just its look.

I think it's the funny looking iron teeth, but it looks like it wouldn't be totally out on place in a Loony Tunes cartoon with Marvin the Martian.

I can see this guy:

Fighting with this guy:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The sculpt is one of my favorites in the KD world. Those aren't iron teeth. That's his helmet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not enough genitals on him maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand what you mean, David, and tried to look at it that way. But just can't see it as you do. The helmet has small teeth for the lion dog(?), so... its just fine.

And I too think the sculpt is one of the best ones out there. Luvit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
Those aren't iron teeth. That's his helmet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Knight actually looks great. Just the right twist of weird to fit him in with the overall KD aesthetic.

I have been back and forth this entire campaign on what to add. I think that Black Knight might be the only new expansion I add and DK the only old one. I want tons of them but I have been tempering my impulse buy urges. Black Knight so far is the only one that has overcome that with the combo of interesting quarry, armor, and 5 year mini-campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes to the expansions, I pretty much only like the knights, and this one is almost as amazing as the flower knight. It's an incredible model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the way the legs bend, you'll realize this isn't some human in an armor suit. Human legs definitely don't bend that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
If you look at the way the legs bend, you'll realize this isn't some human in an armor suit. Human legs definitely don't bend that way...
Very true, but that is still a helmet, not teeth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's a great, original model. Love that about it.

I just keep seeing the eyes on the helmet as his (her's?) and then I can't help see the rest as a slightly comedic jaw.

Still, no reason why anyone else should see it the way I am. The way I see it might change too, like with the rabbit-duck\duck-rabbit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
strewart wrote:
Not enough genitals on him maybe?

Marvin, or the knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a helmet which emulates some creature's teeth.
How consensual is that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoxe
msg tools
I've had worse.
badge
It's just a flesh wound.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

I saw the legs and immediately assumed he wasn't human. And THAT made him more interesting, at least to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Yup.

Seems out of place due to considerable lack of massive breasts and/or huge reproductive organs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It gets old...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

Sure they do! He just has really long feet and tiptoes everywhere!

Feet aside, this has to be the most conventional looking villain in the series. He looks great, but he's lacking that fantastic body horror element Poots does so well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Judge
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what some artists does painting him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hes to... normal?

i mnean hes a cool looking minature but he wouldnt look to out of place in a medieval miniatures game. He doesnt really have anything unusual about him which has been a constant theme throughout KDM.

Perhaps only the tainted end up with weirdness. Although flower kinght is a little bit odd hes kinda good as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italic Font
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

Indeed, that's Percival's puppy all grown up, still waiting for her to return.

This one isn't about body horror, it's about ignorantly slaughtering an innocent creature who is just waiting for his/her master to return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
Italics wrote:
Elyklord wrote:

This one isn't about body horror, it's about ignorantly slaughtering an innocent creature who is just waiting for his/her master to return.

Yah, im going to slay that puppy, harvest him and wear his organs with pride in true KD style!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Italics wrote:
Elyklord wrote:

This is an interesting way to look at it. Your point of view adds a whole new layer of depth for this creature and makes the story even more tragic.

Percival's short lore is one of the most touching ones in the world of KD.

The tragic backstories is one reason I love KD. There no one is just another generic "evil beast" to cut down yet again because it's, well, "evil" (as in many other fantasy games). Mature stories always questioning who is the real evil one out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I think whatever oddness he's missing in an artistic sense will be made up in his story arc.

Dung Beetle isn't particularly horrifying looking, neither is flower knight really. They just look like neat stylized designs.
It's their story elements that truly stand out in very unique ways and I hope KDM stretches it's creativity into that direction than another take on simply physical shock value.

Edit. Spelling. Also called it a floor knight... Probably an expansion too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All "knights" in KDM seem pretty tame on the outside. I like the coherent representations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
The knights to me are the most amazing element of the game. They are corrupted fairytales, both beautiful and terrifying, and usually with tragic storylines. They seem noble, so killing and harvesting them makes you consider your own settlement in a new light. Are you really worth saving after all?

And the knights have that dark, mysterious quality. In most cases, you don't know what's going on behind the helmet. Are they obscenely beautiful or just obscene? How human are they, and how much does the armour conceal?

Look at the black knight's cloven feet. I can imagine him moving in the stilted slightly unnatural way of Ray Harryhausen's cyclops, cantering onto the battlefield, pausing to sway slightly as it surveys the arena.

I just think it's beautiful. For me personally, it's far superior in every way to the comedy dildo Sunstalker or the penis in a vagina on a penis lion god.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where can I find those fairytales/back stories like the Percival one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.