Subject: My grocery store now allows you to order online and pick up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best. Thing. Ever. It's like drive thru grocery shopping mixed with Christmas because by the time I pick it up I forgot what I ordered. I thought I would want to check the eggs and produce but those were fine. Never going into a grocery store again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Big Whup, since our local store had that along with Delivery of whatever with this, for a price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we are in the stone age still. Small victories, ya know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmb
Our grocery store recently started doing that and I was so excited, I can't even begin to tell you. It saves soooo much time! Even though I pay a $5 fee if I don't make it to $100 worth of groceries, it's still worth it because I would have paid way more than $5 in extra crap that wasn't on the list if I saw it in the store. I love the new service. No lines, no crazy ladies trying to run me down with their carts, no wobbly wheel, no parking a quarter of a mile away and almost getting run down in the parking lot by people texting or not looking where they're going, no awkward conversations while they bag the groceries, no more weird old guys knocking on my car window at night to tell me I shouldn't turn my back to the parking lot while I load my groceries. It is glorious and worth every penny of that $5 fee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Miss all of the joy of being in line behind the person who argues over the price of something that is 10 cents higher than the "sign said", has a coupon "here somewhere" ("no, no, it can't have expired yet"),is still adding candy, gum, magazines, and gift cards to their order after the main stuff is rung up, and then hears the total and realizes that they have to pay (it always seems to surprise people that you need money before they let you out of the store) then has to swipe, tap, and re-enter PIN numbers on some plastic credit method, only to decide that it won't work so, "try this one"?
What would I do with my Saturday morning otherwise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
MABBY wrote:
What? Miss all of the joy of being in line behind the person who argues over the price of something that is 10 cents higher than the "sign said", has a coupon "here somewhere" ("no, no, it can't have expired yet"),is still adding candy, gum, magazines, and gift cards to their order after the main stuff is rung up, and then hears the total and realizes that they have to pay (it always seems to surprise people that you need money before they let you out of the store) then has to swipe, tap, and re-enter PIN numbers on some plastic credit method, only to decide that it won't work so, "try this one"?
What would I do with my Saturday morning otherwise?

So you've met my mom?

And I'm right there with you. I'm truly baffled by the number of times people seem surprised that they need to get out their wallet and either hand over cash or swipe a card to finish a transaction. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.