Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
77 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: That is it! Welcome to the Soviet United States of America. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
And to our new overlord, Vladimir Putin.
Dear Mr Putin, the American people loves you. Even if it is only a minority who voted for you, we still love you. We are already the richest and most performing country in the world, but we have no doubt that you will strive to make us an even better country.
Thank you Mr Putin, thank you thank you thank you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
keepastraightface.gif
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
Avatar
mbmb
WOLVERINES !!!!

Oh wait they voted for him.
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
WOLVERINES !!!!

Oh wait they voted for him.


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if you guys had heard this or not, but the Cold War ended decades ago...


However, where were you 8 years ago when Comrad Obama started the movement towards the Soviet United States Of America he set up communism as our national goals, with objectives like Free Education for everyone, universal healthcare for everyone, that differences in wealth and income are inherently unfair and our goal should be to eliminate them...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez. Keep up this madness and you'll ensure Trump gets two full terms.



we can all hope... cant we?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
Not sure if you guys had heard this or not, but the Cold War ended decades ago...


However, where were you 8 years ago when Comrad Obama started the movement towards the Soviet United States Of America he set up communism as our national goals, with objectives like Free Education for everyone, universal healthcare for everyone, that differences in wealth and income are inherently unfair and our goal should be to eliminate them...
Seeing as those two positions are socialist, not communist, we can be excused for not jumping to erroneous conclusions like you. Further, you might want to check the current status of Russia since the cold war ended. They are no longer a "communist" country, they are a plutocratic oligarchy. Sort of like ours, but with even more corruption and organized crime and a despotic dictator-in-everything-but-name. But hey, if you want to cozy up to that kind of "ally", which is what I assume you are getting at with the "cold war is over" shot, then Trump is your man, or should I say Puppet.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez. Keep up this madness and you'll ensure Trump gets two full terms.



we can all hope... cant we?


I actually do want a "loyal opposition" party. I think it's healthy for a nation.

We don't have that right now. We have a party that has been infected with a madness. Either a cure must be found soon (and that cure must come from within) or we must put it down like a rabid dog.


You're right. The GOP has explicitly worked to try to make Obama fail, to the detriment of the country.
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez. Keep up this madness and you'll ensure Trump gets two full terms.



we can all hope... cant we?


I actually do want a "loyal opposition" party. I think it's healthy for a nation.

We don't have that right now. We have a party that has been infected with a madness. Either a cure must be found soon (and that cure must come from within) or we must put it down like a rabid dog.


Says the man whose party just got a nocturnal, thin skinned, Twitterphile who's "drained the swamp" of politicos and filled it with narrow interested corpratists, elected POTUS.

Frankly at this point neither party is good for the country's health.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Not sure if you guys had heard this or not, but the Cold War ended decades ago...


However, where were you 8 years ago when Comrad Obama started the movement towards the Soviet United States Of America he set up communism as our national goals, with objectives like Free Education for everyone, universal healthcare for everyone, that differences in wealth and income are inherently unfair and our goal should be to eliminate them...
Seeing as those two positions are socialist, not communist, we can be excused for not jumping to erroneous conclusions like you. Further, you might want to check the current status of Russia since the cold war ended. They are no longer a "communist" country, they are a plutocratic oligarchy. Sort of like ours, but with even more corruption and organized crime and a despotic dictator-in-everything-but-name. But hey, if you want to cozy up to that kind of "ally", which is what I assume you are getting at with the "cold war is over" shot, then Trump is your man, or should I say Puppet.


The US right has always loved allies like Putin-era Russia. Just ask Marcos or Pinochet or Syngman Rhee re for that matter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:

However, where were you 8 years ago when Comrad Obama started the movement towards the Soviet United States Of America he set up communism as our national goals, with objectives like Free Education for everyone, universal healthcare for everyone, that differences in wealth and income are inherently unfair and our goal should be to eliminate them...


Free education... boogety boogety! Universal health care!! BOOGETY BOOGETY!
What kind of monsters are these Communists?
15 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez. Keep up this madness and you'll ensure Trump gets two full terms.



we can all hope... cant we?


I actually do want a "loyal opposition" party. I think it's healthy for a nation.

We don't have that right now. We have a party that has been infected with a madness. Either a cure must be found soon (and that cure must come from within) or we must put it down like a rabid dog.


You're right. The GOP has explicitly worked to try to make Obama fail, to the detriment of the country.


This is what I mean by a madness. They blame everyone else for problems of their own creation. Thank you for the demonstration.




To achieve that meant trying to block anything Obama, the elected president, would try to do. Obstructionism for the sake of obstructionism and partisan gain is to the detriment of the country.
9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Geez. Keep up this madness and you'll ensure Trump gets two full terms.



we can all hope... cant we?


I actually do want a "loyal opposition" party. I think it's healthy for a nation.

We don't have that right now. We have a party that has been infected with a madness. Either a cure must be found soon (and that cure must come from within) or we must put it down like a rabid dog.


You're right. The GOP has explicitly worked to try to make Obama fail, to the detriment of the country.


This is what I mean by a madness. They blame everyone else for problems of their own creation. Thank you for the demonstration.




To achieve that meant trying to block anything Obama, the elected president, would try to do. Obstructionism for the sake of obstructionism and partisan gain is to the detriment of the country.


So tell me, do you think the highest goal of the Democraticism party should be to get Trump ousted in 2020 and everything they do should be geared around making his stay in the White House as short as possible?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:


So tell me, do you think the highest goal of the Democraticism party should be to get Trump ousted in 2020 and everything they do should be geared around making his stay in the White House as short as possible?


Why? Are the Democrats planning to change their tactics suddenly once he's sworn in?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
So tell me, do you think the highest goal of the Democraticism party should be to get Trump ousted in 2020 and everything they do should be geared around making his stay in the White House as short as possible?
I know I don't, and I think it is a fundamental difference. If Trump does something good for the country, I won't slag it because it happens to make him look good. I do say that his initiatives to undermine freedom and American ideals should be blocked. For example, if Trump follows through and makes some meaningful initiatives to improve trust relations between police and urban citizens, then I will give him a thumbs up. McConnell and his skeevy band of hateful men, attempted to block anything and everything and publicly boasted that their main goal was undermining the President Of The United States from doing his job.

In fact, I will go on the record right now and say I will not support any GOP-like shenanigans with appointment considerations/nominations. That is just disgusting.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Re: Democrat sabre-rattling at Russia picks up steam . . .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
So tell me, do you think the highest goal of the Democraticism party should be to get Trump ousted in 2020 and everything they do should be geared around making his stay in the White House as short as possible?
I know I don't, and I think it is a fundamental difference. If Trump does something good for the country, I won't slag it because it happens to make him look good. I do say that his initiatives to undermine freedom and American ideals should be blocked. For example, if Trump follows through and makes some meaningful initiatives to improve trust relations between police and urban citizens, then I will give him a thumbs up. McConnell and his skeevy band of hateful men, attempted to block anything and everything and publicly boasted that their main goal was undermining the President Of The United States from doing his job.

In fact, I will go on the record right now and say I will not support any GOP-like shenanigans with appointment considerations/nominations. That is just disgusting.


Going into 2008, the GOP was so in the thrall of fearmongering (Thanks, Hannity) that they were incapable of seeing anything Obama doing as being positive. Do you think the current view of Trump by the Dems is more or less favorable than the GOP's was of Obama? So the fearmongering isn't coming from a central point of distribution, it is being crowdsourced. People are letting their fears feed the fears of others, and in return their own fears will be fed. I mean, look at Mac lately.



Mac's gone bye bye, Egon. What you got left?

You are trying to sell me that those on the left will be rational and reasoned. But from the fearmongering I am seeing them succumbing to, I have no faith in being able to pull this off. I think that anything coming from Trump will be cast in a nefarious light and opposed... because Trump. I may be proven wrong. I hope I am proven wrong. But my opinion of humanity as a whole is rather low at the moment, so I don't think prospects are all that good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Obstructionism for the sake of obstructionism and partisan gain is to the detriment of the country.


He is a servant of his constituency and reflected what they wanted. His actions did not come from some void.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:

Free education... boogety boogety! Universal health care!! BOOGETY BOOGETY!
What kind of monsters are these Communists?


Ones that don't realize nothing comes for free and everyone wants to get paid. The monsters who think it's OK to take from Paul to give to Peter because they "feel" it's the right thing to do --- worse for the children!

Communism isn't sharing the wealth, it's sharing the misery.

The worst kind of monsters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingBerserker wrote:
aiabx wrote:

Free education... boogety boogety! Universal health care!! BOOGETY BOOGETY!
What kind of monsters are these Communists?


Ones that don't realize nothing comes for free and everyone wants to get paid. The monsters who think it's OK to take from Paul to give to Peter because they "feel" it's the right thing to do --- worse for the children!

Communism isn't sharing the wealth, it's sharing the misery.

The worst kind of monsters.


Education and health care have shown time and time again to be expenditures that benefit everyone, not just the people receiving the immediate benefit. But what the hell, your kids can't catch a resistant strain of tuberculosis from a poor person. The free market won't allow it.
9 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:

Education and health care have shown time and time again to be expenditures that benefit everyone, not just the people receiving the immediate benefit. But what the hell, your kids can't catch a resistant strain of tuberculosis from a poor person. The free market won't allow it.


No it has not. Education especially which has turned into a glorified daycare system. Most places supply over 13 years of subsidized education for the masses along with meals and you grossly have poor student performance, poor education systems, waste, and Unions who have gotten fat over it.

Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingBerserker wrote:
aiabx wrote:

Education and health care have shown time and time again to be expenditures that benefit everyone, not just the people receiving the immediate benefit. But what the hell, your kids can't catch a resistant strain of tuberculosis from a poor person. The free market won't allow it.


No it has not. Education especially which has turned into a glorified daycare system. Most places supply over 13 years of subsidized education for the masses along with meals and you grossly have poor student performance, poor education systems, waste, and Unions who have gotten fat over it.

Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued.


That's right. Make people pay for education. That way only people that can afford it will get it.

One thing is certain; our literacy rate would drop.

By the way, we're paying for our education through tax dollars so it's not free.

"Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued."

All roads should be toll roads because apparently we don't value them otherwise, right? Your argument sucks.
15 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dignam
United States
Lithia
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
VikingBerserker wrote:
aiabx wrote:

Education and health care have shown time and time again to be expenditures that benefit everyone, not just the people receiving the immediate benefit. But what the hell, your kids can't catch a resistant strain of tuberculosis from a poor person. The free market won't allow it.


No it has not. Education especially which has turned into a glorified daycare system. Most places supply over 13 years of subsidized education for the masses along with meals and you grossly have poor student performance, poor education systems, waste, and Unions who have gotten fat over it.

Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued.


That's right. Make people pay for education. That way only people that can afford it will get it.

One thing is certain; our literacy rate would drop.

By the way, we're paying for our education through tax dollars so it's not free.

"Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued."

All roads should be toll roads because apparently we don't value them otherwise, right? Your argument sucks.


Oh yeah? How certain are you? You are saying people won't teach other people to read?

I wasn't aware WE ALL PAY TAXES --- in fact some get a refund of more than they pay into the system.

Our roads are shit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VikingBerserker wrote:
mrspank wrote:
VikingBerserker wrote:
aiabx wrote:

Education and health care have shown time and time again to be expenditures that benefit everyone, not just the people receiving the immediate benefit. But what the hell, your kids can't catch a resistant strain of tuberculosis from a poor person. The free market won't allow it.


No it has not. Education especially which has turned into a glorified daycare system. Most places supply over 13 years of subsidized education for the masses along with meals and you grossly have poor student performance, poor education systems, waste, and Unions who have gotten fat over it.

Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued.


That's right. Make people pay for education. That way only people that can afford it will get it.

One thing is certain; our literacy rate would drop.

By the way, we're paying for our education through tax dollars so it's not free.

"Want to turn something to shit? Make it free so that it is not coveted, respected, and valued."

All roads should be toll roads because apparently we don't value them otherwise, right? Your argument sucks.


Oh yeah? How certain are you? You are saying people won't teach other people to read?

I wasn't aware WE ALL PAY TAXES --- in fact some get a refund of more than they pay into the system.

Our roads are shit.


There is more to education than learning to read, especially if you want a workforce that can compete with well-educated workforces in other countries. You want to help Trump bring jobs back to America? You need a workforce with training in sciences and engineering. You need employees with well-honed critical thinking skills. Either that, or sit back and watch impotently while the Chinese, Indians, Koreans and Germans eat your lunch. But at least your taxes will be lower, right?
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.