Grimslingers» Forums » General

Subject: Just found out about this game, few questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Phillips
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So I just found out about this game and was about to pull the trigger until I found out there was going to be a second edition soon. Will that second edition be retail or a kickstarter? When will it launch if it is a kick starter and any idea of the delivery date? I really want to play this awesome looking game Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland M
Philippines
Makati City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd edition is already out, my copy is 2nd Edition. Note that the 2nd edition has a diff finish as the 1st edition. 2nd edition has a matte finish and the 1st edition had a glossy finish.

And if you're interested in the add-ons. I'm not sure if the newer stocks would have the same matte finish, but mine had the glossy finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sean713 wrote:
So I just found out about this game and was about to pull the trigger until I found out there was going to be a second edition soon. Will that second edition be retail or a kickstarter? When will it launch if it is a kick starter and any idea of the delivery date? I really want to play this awesome looking game Thank you!

The 2nd edition isn't actually "out" yet, GBG was selling a few advance copies on their website.

2nd edition is going to hit retail in January (hopefully very early January). It does have a new card finish like Roland was saying, which is matte and I like it a lot more. The smaller card packs are still glossy finish. This would only affect your gameplay if you're dueling with Light and Dark element spells (which come in the collector's card pack). But you can't get the small card packs retail, only directly from Greenbrier Games.

Gameplay wise, the only major different between 1st edition and 2nd edition is that the rulebook has been updated. You can also just download the 2nd edition rulebook from BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Phillips
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thank you both for such a quick reply! Ordered the second edition off greenbrier's website. Can't wait to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! When you get it, if you have any questions be sure to post 'em. Thanks for gettin' the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also what's the deal with getting the kickstarter addons?

+ THE SCAVENGERS ITEM PACK!
+ THE CARNAGE PACK!
+ THE TALL TALES SOLO / COOP PACK!

? Are these purchasable or part of the base game sold on Greenbrier's website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Also what's the deal with getting the kickstarter addons?

+ THE SCAVENGERS ITEM PACK!
+ THE CARNAGE PACK!
+ THE TALL TALES SOLO / COOP PACK!

? Are these purchasable or part of the base game sold on Greenbrier's website?

That was all reorganized when GBG took over. Core game now has all of it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.