Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not asking what is your favorite game (although it could be the same). I am asking about experiences, that you can share, where you had the most fun in a game. It could even be a game that isn't in you top 100 but was a great experience....

One of my most fun experiences was playing Catan for the first time about 20 years ago! It gave me new interest in board gaming then as I had long lost interst in board games. Another was playing Food Chain Magnate when it first came out, not so long ago, as it made my mind synopsis in ways it hadn’t since Physics class.

Another, albeit not too popular around these here parts was Cards Against Humanity as we had a rollicking time playing with friends who never game and it opened a door to them for other fun "party" games as well.

And then there is Eat Poop You Cat that made for a game the made some cry in tears of laughter as we prepared to break into groups to play other heavier games.

Another, for me, is T'zolkin which made me believe that a Euro / Worker game could be beautiful and fun!

Finally, I played a game recently called Villains. It is not yet avaialble to market. But wow. Just wow. What a gamng experience. Made me think that there can be so much more in gaming, even with all that has been created and released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the funniest game experience I ever had was when a friend destroyed his copy of Bus (a very rare and expensive game) by first stepping on the box cover crushing it, losing a piece, and then ripping a quadrant of the board off. By the end of the game, we were all dying laughing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A memorable one for me was at Geekway, playing a late night game of the musical chairs variant of Slappy Hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played a ridiculous game made by made 7 year old daughter. The object of the game was to be the first person to defeat a werewolf, a witch, and a mummy. Each monster had an AI deck that she created with their abilities that they would hit you with (she has never even played a game with an AI deck for bosses). Other than that it was open ended like an RPG. She would draw a card from the AI deck and describe how it would attack with it's ability and I would describe how I would try to beat it. She destroyed all the monsters effortlessly, while my every attack failed miserably and I died. My favorite moment was when I tried to use ice magic to beat the werewolf and he huffed and puffed and blew like the big bad wolf to turn my ice blast into a storm that buried me in my own snow. This was one of my proudest moments as a father.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Artist formerly known as) Arnest R
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and carry on...
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a hoot last week in a 4 player game of Evolution. One of the guys quickly starts with an early predator and a simple herbivore while the three of us heavily invest in protecting our herbivores, so that the carnivore has to eat the guy's own herbivore for a couple of turns. So far so good. And then for some reason the carnivore evolves the trait 'warning call', so that it essentially roars "don't stay here, 'cos I'm going to eat you" before it tries to feed... Unfortunately it ended with the player's rage quit, but the laughs were still worth it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite memories was playing a four player game of BSG. It came down to my Dad or son being the Cylon, but they were both passionately protesting. My son was just an aweful liar, however, so we sent him to the brig where he stayed for the rest of the game. The humans won the game with the Cylon never revealing. Turns out...I never put a Cyclon card in the loyalty deck at the beginning of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the first time I beat General Voltaire in Mage Knight solo. It's such a big ass battle. Took over an hour - I believe it was "1v7".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a game of Eclipse (which was sorta my gateway game)... all throughout the game, one player was behind and was getting a bit grumpy, so for his last few turns he put all his resources into upgrading his weapons and ships to attack the player in the lead. He knew he wouldn't be able to destroy him or affect the outcome, but he just wanted to satisfy himself by doing as much damage as possible. The final turn, it all came down this roll... DOUBLE ONES. He stood there, stunned, as the rest of us hurt ourselves laughing...

Today he agrees that it was a perfect ending to the game, but at the time he railed against the world

Another time, I was playing 9-player Avalon, and a player (same guy as the first story, actually) had been Merlin twice in succession. The third game, he just pretty much stated who was evil, but no one believed him (to his growing frustration) and the good side lost. He then revealed, against all probability, that yes, he had been dealt Merlin THREE times in a row!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is truly amazng how some of these awesome stories / experiences are in situations that often come out of nowhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing HeroQuest the first time at age 12 with my family. My dad was playing Zargon, the rest of us each had 1 character. We were searching and trying to accomplish the goal. We open the door to the room in the middle with the gargoyle and have a really tough fight. We manage to win that battle thinking that had to be the end, only to realize our barely alive team of heroes had to keep going. The last person alive nearly beat the quest and was attempting to make it to the stairs before the undead finally took them down.

There was a game of Dark Moon where the infected would win if the infected was the Commander or the Commander was fatigued. We had got to that last task and I was only certain that one other player was not infected. Neither of us were Commander. There was this paranoia that set in over who was the infected with me insisting that Commander had to be given to another person. The current Commander was insisting that she wasn't infected. I was insisting that the only way to prove she wasn't infected was for her to agree to vote herself into quarantine in order to pass Commander on to someone else. She was insisting that the only reason I wanted Commander to be passed was because I was infected. There was a lot of crazy finger pointing for 5-10 minutes with everybody laughing about it at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Nace
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing a 2-player game of Smash Up soon after we got the game, my wife and I were tied at 14 points (a game is to 15 points). I had a plan that would win me the game in a couple of turns. My wife had Aliens as one of her factions (it was the first time either of us had used Aliens). At the end of her turn, she drew her two cards and a wide grin spread across her face as she said "I just remembered something Aliens do." It took me a second to realize what she meant, and then I knew I had lost because I had no way to stop it. She won on her next turn by playing the alien that gives you a VP for playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.