Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: online [+] [View All]
Shawn Dumas
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WeeWar! It looks incredibly similar to Nintendo’s Advance Wars franchise!

This is a turn based game. Any player can start a game, first by choosing from a number of terrains and then inviting other players. You take over factories and set them to produce more armies, tanks, etc., which then move on to take over yet more factories or battle other players. Not everyone has to be around at the same time to play the game. You have your turn, and then the next player is notified by email that it is their turn.

I love the way it works on the same principles as chat in the way that it allows for a game to be played over a period of time without requiring continuous focus or a commitment to the budgeting of time for the game to be able to continue.

If you are going to go and check it out please use this link (you get a pro account if you refer 10 people): http://weewar.com?referrer=shawndumas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Looks like the old Interstel's Empire..Spent lots of hours on that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a true online Advance Wars, check out this site:

http://awbw.amarriner.com/

Edit: Shoulda read the other replies first. Darn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Advance Wars, Military Madness / Nectaris, Battle Isle. All incarnations of the same basic beer & pretzels economic strategy game, and all owe a nod to Empire (in its commercial and non-commercial forms). Despite the rarity of recent imitators, its a classic genre that hasn't gone out of style in over 2 decades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Dumas
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My ID is shawndumas if anyone wants to play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

Wow, flashback! I played the crap out of that game on my Atari ST. What was the music used in the theme song? I can whistle it, but I can't remember the name. I was thinking it was Ride of the Valkyries, but that's not it.

Edit: Answered my own question. It's In the Hall of the Mountain King from Peer Gynt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Hall_of_the_Mountain_Kin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Wow, this is a great link. Thanks! I'll play ya if I see you on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting. How long does it take to get an account after you've put your mail address in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.