Subject: Trapsburg in a 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Fleming
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trapsburg says to place 2 traps on it, but the rulebook says no tile can have more than 1 trap in a 2 player game. Do I place 1 or 2 traps on it in a 2 player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smots Holle
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I just played a game yesterday and we ruled that any text on anything on the table supersedes the rules in the book (pretty much like how hero abilities override some rules in the book as well).
I can very well understand that this limits to only one, though. So if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brecht Van Boxstael
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the rulebook states this well;

Trapsburg in a two player game can hold 2 traps, but they are chosen randomly from the Trap deck every hero upkeep phase. When they fire, they are immediatly replaced with another random trap.

Not sure, the rulebook lies at home and I'm at work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfamousDiplomat wrote:
I think the rulebook states this well;

Trapsburg in a two player game can hold 2 traps, but they are chosen randomly from the Trap deck every hero upkeep phase. When they fire, they are immediatly replaced with another random trap.

Not sure, the rulebook lies at home and I'm at work.

You only replace them both when switching levels; otherwise only when a one shot fires...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a stab at simplified wording for Trapsburg: When you prepare for a new Level, discard any Traps on Trapsburg. When you restock the Rift Display Shop, draw and place enough random Traps to bring Trapsburg up to 2 (ignore Support Traps).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Fleming
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Trapsburg should always have two no matter how many players. Note players can not place any additional traps in Trapsburg."

Source: https://twitter.com/PetersenGames/status/811237629077442562
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.