Subject: Unable to change Game name as displayed in Collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
When looking at the collection of games that I own, I can double click in the Name field and a dialogue comes up with the title "Edit Name". There I can choose a name from a list, or Specify whatever name I like. But regardless of which of those I do, the change only lasts until I refresh the page, it is not saved.

Is this a new bug or something that has never worked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having the same problems here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Did some more poking at this. It's actually a really weird bug.

There are 3 games I'd like to display a different name than the version I actually own:

Art Moderne to display as Modern Art
Zirkus Flohcati to display as Circus Flohcati
Χαμαιλέοντες to display as Coloretto

For all 3, I can choose one of the alternate titles and it will save the change - so long as it's not the alternate title that I want to use.

Similarly, for all 3 I can write in whatever name I like and it will save the change, so long as I don't write the name I actually want to use.

Perverse, this bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nazarov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same issue, and the behaviour is exactly as described by Jonathan in his last comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Bolzoni
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mb
There is a known solution to that problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Morton
Sweden
Vällingby
Stockholm
flag msg tools
There is no solution from BGG that I know of.

My work-around is to put an underscore in the name - for example Modern_Art instead of Modern Art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
I too had this problem when trying to rename "Frank Herbert's Dune" to just "Dune".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is with the collection view when the primary name is entered for a version with an alternate title. The game entry handles this correctly.

For example, under the game entry page, I saved the custom title, "Circus Flohcati" for Zirkus Flohcati. My collection view sorted it as "Circus Flohcati", but displayed "Zirkus Flohcati". The CSV data looked like I would expect. (Columns: objectname, originalname, & version_nickname.)

Related: Version Nicknames in Collection View: Either Missing or Redundant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.