Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cliff Homewood
United Kingdom
Southend on sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have yet to play Arkham Horror, getting it for my birthday and me and tow other new playhers will be trying in on the 16th. I have printed out the constantine character found here and would love to use it. IS this a bad idea on a first game, or does it not matter? WHat does it mean in the notes for it that it might be best suited for a single player game. Is this true, does it make for a weak character in a 3 or 4 player beginner game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
For the first game(s), I'll stick with original characters and rules.
Once you'll have learned how to handle the game (it's easy to miss a detail or three!), you'll have plenty of room to customize it as you prefer (new characters, house rules, etc.) being able to judge for yourself how they impact the whole thing.
Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do yourself a favor. First game, play with what came in the box. Enjoy the game as the designers intended. After a game or three, THEN try some variants.

You'll enjoy it! Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a dozen games before I added the Dunwich expansion and starting using most of the variants posted by the designer of the game on the FFG website.
Hidden gates rock.
The only problem I'm having with that though is when an mythos card tells you to add a creature to each open gate leading to "insert OW name here".
With the gates hidden how do you know?
I could skip the text or just add a second monster to the gate that just opened.
What does everyone else think? Anyone else using that rule?

It's an amazing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Homewood
United Kingdom
Southend on sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help, will stick with original chactersfor now then. Was jsut looking forward to using Constantine as he's one of my favourite characters and well suited for the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.