Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon purchasing Tumblin Dice from thoughthammer's Mother's Day sale for ~$47, I was somewhat disappointed with it once I opened it up.
There were noticeable smudges on the playfield, and the first black line was scratched off. After reading the raves about the quality of the board, I set it aside for a couple weeks.

Family was over, and I figured I'd bring out Tumblin Dice and see how it played with non-gamers and my 6 year old son.

Once each person took one roll on the board, they were hooked.
Instantly, people were cheering, hooping and hollering, smack-talking, complaining, and having a great time.

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed how good this game is at providing a fun time for all kinds of people - young and old, gamer/non-gamer, competetive or not.

This game should be set up at work place lunchrooms, at school play areas, at bars, poolhalls, etc - anywhere that people want fun, all they need to do is grab the dice, get a couple people together, and the vast majority of people are almost guaranteed to have a good time.

I can't honestly say that about any other game that I've ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love to hear reports like this! I had one shipped to Australia and have not regretted it! It is everything you say it is...except mine was in perfect condition We use it as a opener AND closer....and often it is our "start player" determiner as well. Great fun indeed..and why I have it as a 10...simply perfect for what it is. Now give it a go with other dice as well...nothing feels cooler then landing a d20 in the 4X slot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I met the manufacturers at a gaming con here in NJ.
Dexcon9 I believe.
They were the friendliest group of people you could hope to meet.

They had the Tumblin-Dice and a prototype of a new bowling game set up.

The games were great and I had to walk out of there with the Tumblin-Dice.

The kids and the grandparents love it equally.

Kudos, Nash Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Instantly, people were cheering, hooping and hollering, smack-talking, complaining, and having a great time.

Yep, this has been my experience as well. This is hands down the second best (Crokinole being number one) dexterity game I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played both Crokinole and Carrom for quite some time, I would strongly suggest that those who have not tried Carrom really owe it to themselves to do so. Both games have their place. Crokinole is a light, fun game in a beer-and-pretzels sort of way. Carrom is a far more strategic and skillful game that really rewards time spent mastering its nuances. THere's a reason why it is the national pastime in India and is played at the tournament level (including being televised recently on ESPN2). On the other hand, Crokinole is significantly easier to learn. I remember that my at-the-time six-year-old daughter was able to pick up some proficiency after just a few games and give the rest of us a decent battle. Carrom on the other hand requires more practice. There could be a period of frustration - particularly for children - until one attains a certain proficiency level. It's actually quite akin to billiards. Though it doesn't require quite as much dexterity to master it, it might actually be a more strategic, intellectual game than billiards once it is mastered.

For the record, my family of four has been playing Carrom regularly since we purchased a board several years ago. Our Crokinole board was donated a couple of winters ago after a long period of inactivity. And for the record, I am not Indian (probably one of the few Italians that have participated in a Carrom tournament!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.