Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Town board - Days since last event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand that "Days since last event 1-6" on town boards. What is it for?
I understood from rulebook that each day in town starts with event. So how can be 6 days since last event? Can't find anything about it in rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steer
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but in the vanilla rules, you role a d6 at the start of each day (or end, can't remember) you stay in the town and if the number is equal to or lower than the 'Days since the last event' number, you trigger an event (which often leads to you having to leave town). I presume the number is then reset after the event but, as it's a d6 roll, that marker can never go above 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bengine wrote:
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but in the vanilla rules, you role a d6 at the start of each day you stay in the town and if the number is equal to or lower than the 'Days since the last event' number, you trigger an event (which often leads to you having to leave town). I presume the number is then reset after the event but, as it's a d6 roll, that marker can never go above 6.

Thank you. I play with Frontier Town expansion. So there are no "Days since last event" I suppose, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzoone wrote:
the_bengine wrote:
I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but in the vanilla rules, you role a d6 at the start of each day you stay in the town and if the number is equal to or lower than the 'Days since the last event' number, you trigger an event (which often leads to you having to leave town). I presume the number is then reset after the event but, as it's a d6 roll, that marker can never go above 6.

Thank you. I play with Frontier Town expansion. So there are no "Days since last event" I suppose, right?

No, if you roll <= # of days you then roll on the town event table regardless of whether you are using Frontier town. After resolving event you reset days counter back to 1 (though we homebrew it to not reset to limit town stays)

- John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Smith
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The town event rules found in the core sets are still supposed to be used in conjunction with the daily event deck found in the Frontier Town expansion. While the daily event deck adds some spice to your stay in Town with most events being neutral or good, the town event rules are meant as a way to prevent players from abusing their town stay (like gambling for days on end) as bad things begin happening in town like shops prematurely closing, prices increasing, or even having a twister demolish the town(and potentially kill heroes if I recall correctly). You roll for the Town Event at the end of the day before heroes decide if they're leaving town. If you roll equal to or less than the current number of days without incident, then you roll on the Town Event chart (I believe its on the same sheet that includes the campsite roll.) After the event is resolved, reset the days without incident marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Smith
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Looks like John beat me to it, and much more succinctly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.