Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems Mr. Trump's election is persuading all sorts of people that their personal safety is under an increased threat, and they they should be getting tooled-up:

Quote:
...there have also been reports of more "non-traditional" buyers, such as African Americans and other minorities, turning up at gun shops and shooting ranges.

Perhaps all the fun of main-street shootouts, like the days of the Old West, will soon be back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Your fear of things that go bang is just...precious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

Tell that to Guy Fawkes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:

Who is "you" in this statement? Me, personally? If so, since I've used such "things" previously in my job, I'm afraid you're ludicrously off the mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
tstone wrote:

Tell that to Guy Fawkes!

Except for a few, the Brits of today are a long, long way from Fawkes.

Fawkes would never fret over American gun culture. Hell, he'd admire it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
tstone wrote:

Who is "you" in this statement? Me, personally? If so, since I've used such "things" previously in my job, I'm afraid you're ludicrously off the mark.

Pics or it didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
It seems Mr. Trump's election is persuading all sorts of people that their personal safety is under an increased threat, and they they should be getting tooled-up:

Quote:
...there have also been reports of more "non-traditional" buyers, such as African Americans and other minorities, turning up at gun shops and shooting ranges.

Perhaps all the fun of main-street shootouts, like the days of the Old West, will soon be back!

I welcome all legal firearms owners in America, and extend a hearty welcome to all my liberal gun-buying friends!

It's amazing how the "Old West" wasn't even 1% as bloody as the liberals make it out to be these days.....there's hardly a real shootout, and there's nearly always legal paperwork.

But hey, haters gonna hate.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said elsewhere, now liberals will have a better understanding of the value and true meaning of the 2nd amendment.

Unfortunately, they'll pay a cost of higher suicides and toddler killings like conservative gun owners have paid in the past.

As a side note: I think Mr. Trump is the most likely president to actually restrict gun sales that we've had in the countries history. And if he says it is desirable a lot of people will flip on the issue like they did on russia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a ruse. They're secretly afraid of Obama not giving up the presidency and declaring martial law and announcing he will be dictator for life. Just as the Right wing gun nutters have been saying all along ! That'll happen any day now, just wait and see !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
mutton_chops wrote:
tstone wrote:

Pics or it didn't happen.

You are under the mistaken impression I care what you think. You simply don't matter enough to me to provide such evidence, even were I in a position to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
tstone wrote:

Tell that to Guy Fawkes!

It's true. Very few Brits today are interested in using mass murder as a means of assassination in order to get someone of their religion put in charge of the country. And people like that might very well admire the US gun culture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
tstone wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
tstone wrote:

Tell that to Guy Fawkes!

You do realise that Fawkes was the ISIS of his day? Religious nutter hell bent on imposing his version of the one true faith using violent revolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolphinandrew wrote:
tstone wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
tstone wrote:

Tell that to Guy Fawkes!

It's true. Very few Brits today are interested in using mass murder as a means of assassination in order to get someone of their religion put in charge of the country. And people like that might very well admire the US gun culture.

And a whole bunch of people besides. Bang bang!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's a fallacy going around that liberals are anti-gun when I don't think that is unilaterally true. I mean, I grew up in a household with guns, one a personal firearm and the other a hunting rifle. Plenty of my family members hunt. I'm not really afraid to handle one. I know how they work.

I'm in favor of gun control which is different in concept than banning guns entirely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:

Just want to point out that the old West was remarkably more peaceful than today's culture. Despite lack of government and many with concealed weapons there were fewer bank robberies and violent homicides even accounting for the population growth.
http://www.unpopulartruth.com/2009/04/myths-of-old-west.html...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
mutton_chops wrote:

Just want to point out that the old West was remarkably more peaceful than today's culture. Despite lack of government and many with concealed weapons there were fewer bank robberies and violent homicides even accounting for the population growth.
http://www.unpopulartruth.com/2009/04/myths-of-old-west.html...

Residents in Dodge City and similar cities in the 1860s faced homicide rates of 165 per 100,000 residents. Total crime rates were obviously higher . Trivial to Google.

Today the total crime rate including homicides is 31 per hundred thousand residents in Dodge City and similar cities.

Also frequently people with guns and willing to kill had more rights than people who did not use guns or who lacked someone willing to kill such as a strong Sheriff or constables Force.

And as we've seen from DNA evidence the rate of executions of innocent people was probably pretty high
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Be polite then, brah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.