Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Italia» Forums » Rules

Subject: The next set of rule questions.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn “Beorn” Rabenstein
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am terribly sorry, but during our recent game of Italia, we found again a few questions we could not answer from the rules.

Andreas - or whoever else feels qualified - your comments will be appreciated.

1) Massing areas: The rules state (9.2) that you have to leave massing areas at the end of the movement phase. But can you actually move through them (provided you have a leader)? (Example: Alarich and his infantry start in T1 in Noricum. They want to move Noricum -> Helvetia -> Mediolanum.)

2) Vandal in T2: a) The wording of the reinforcement suggests that Geiserich may "teleport" to any empty or controlled area in or adjavent to Africa. Is it meant that way? b) What happens if both sea areas adjacent to Africa are not "empty"? Are the fleets lost? Since it may happen so easily to have non-empty sea areas, I strongly assume fleets may always be placed in a sea area adjacent to Africa, even if already occupied. I also assume that the reinforcements may be placed in more than one area (at least one sea area for the fleets plus one land area for the infrantry, but possibly even more - a strict reading of the words "in any empty or controlled area" would imply exactly one area to place all reinforcements). Are my assumptions correct?

3) Submission: What happens if the ruling nation is not present any longer on the board? Since the rule do not mention this situation, the submission will continue. However, many other Brit variants have the rule that a submission ends if the ruling nation is eliminated. Is this perhaps true for Italia, too?

4) 12.3.4 Blocking: I assume the campaigning leader can only block units in an area adjacent to the area where he has ended his movement. But the one unit to remove must be removed "during movement". While it would be straight forward to just remove the unit from the area where the campaigning leader has ended his movement, this rule suggest that it may be removed somewhere else, perhaps from any area the leader has touched during his movement. So where exactly can the leader remove the unit?

Thanks for any hints!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Steding
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmb
Ursus Corvus Lapis wrote:

1) Massing areas: The rules state (9.2) that you have to leave massing areas at the end of the movement phase. But can you actually move through them (provided you have a leader)? (Example: Alarich and his infantry start in T1 in Noricum. They want to move Noricum -> Helvetia -> Mediolanum.)


A nation may only enter some massing areas (f.e. Huns Noricum) they may not enter or move through or retreat in any other massing area.

Ursus Corvus Lapis wrote:

2) Vandal in T2: a) The wording of the reinforcement suggests that Geiserich may "teleport" to any empty or controlled area in or adjavent to Africa. Is it meant that way? b) What happens if both sea areas adjacent to Africa are not "empty"? Are the fleets lost? Since it may happen so easily to have non-empty sea areas, I strongly assume fleets may always be placed in a sea area adjacent to Africa, even if already occupied. I also assume that the reinforcements may be placed in more than one area (at least one sea area for the fleets plus one land area for the infrantry, but possibly even more - a strict reading of the words "in any empty or controlled area" would imply exactly one area to place all reinforcements). Are my assumptions correct?


Yes it is a little bit confusing. Leader Geiserich is still in game during turn 2 (if not eliminated). He may not teleport, he stay at the same place. The new 3 fleets and 9 Infantry may be placed in or adjacent to the province Africa.

Ursus Corvus Lapis wrote:

3) Submission: What happens if the ruling nation is not present any longer on the board? Since the rule do not mention this situation, the submission will continue. However, many other Brit variants have the rule that a submission ends if the ruling nation is eliminated. Is this perhaps true for Italia, too?


Yes this sentence is missing: the submission ends if the ruling nation is eliminated

Ursus Corvus Lapis wrote:

4) 12.3.4 Blocking: I assume the campaigning leader can only block units in an area adjacent to the area where he has ended his movement. But the one unit to remove must be removed "during movement". While it would be straight forward to just remove the unit from the area where the campaigning leader has ended his movement, this rule suggest that it may be removed somewhere else, perhaps from any area the leader has touched during his movement. So where exactly can the leader remove the unit?


Relevant is the area the leader ends his movement. He can block one adjacent area and has to remove one unit from the unit in his area to block the enemy. (Regard it as a rear guard).
Have fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.