Subject: Recommended decks from two core sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihai Stanimir
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any recommended decks from two core sets? (one from 2x Rey and one from 2x Kylo)

I know there aren't many cards to choose from, but I happen to have 2 of each core and am preparing for a first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 Reys (for the extra Finn) and a Kylo.
While I wait until they restock boosters and am able to pick at least a box up, I'd be interested, too, in some small decks to introduce my son to this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Stanimir
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For two Rey core sets I found this deck.

For two Kylo core sets I found this deck.

I'll try them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not sure I'd bother with Aim in the Rey deck and would probably only take one BB-8, that would open up some slots.

Otherwise, I think they are good starting points. You can always experiment and tweak from there.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Stanimir
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 3 games with these decks and the villain won easily every time with minimal losses. The health difference of 3 vs 2 characters seems huge, at least with just the core sets. I wonder if it's better to use characters from only one core set each, or give more health to the heroes.

I'm trying to figure out if the game is interesting enough for me to get a big booster set, but the experience so far is not very positive and I wonder if it's just because of the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sufertashu wrote:
We played 3 games with these decks and the villain won easily every time with minimal losses. The health difference of 3 vs 2 characters seems huge, at least with just the core sets. I wonder if it's better to use characters from only one core set each, or give more health to the heroes.

I'm trying to figure out if the game is interesting enough for me to get a big booster set, but the experience so far is not very positive and I wonder if it's just because of the core set.

My son and I have a starter set each. I do have a 2nd Rey coming in the mail soon, but we played a starter vs. starter last night.
We had a fantastic experience, knowing full well that there were limitations.
We cannot wait for boosters to become available.
Sorry your experience was different.
Our game was tense and if not for my timely-played Draw Attention that saved Rey's bacon, Kylo would have had us.
However, once Kylo fell, I steamrolled his Trooper.

Fun game. Excited to get a bunch of dice to craft some interesting teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sieder

Wisconsin
msg tools
I believe the Kylo deck is easier for beginners to play. Concepts like dice mitigation and leveraging the speed of Rey's ability aren't readily learned in the first few plays... Im sure an experienced player could destroy your kylo deck easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.