Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » News

Subject: New campaign for road to legend: Seeds of corruption rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight Games just announced a new campaign for Descent: Road to legend called: Seeds of Corruption. The campaign is free, but requires the Shadow of Nerrekhall expansion. It contains 7 new story quests.

More info here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Prepare for a free new Road to Legend campaign

Excellent!

Quote:
coming soon

So 2017 Q2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know whether it's a "prequel" to Shadows of Nerekhall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean White
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
So stoked about this for present and future. My group only uses RtL and I just got Nerekhall recently. Glad to see them treat RtL as a viable product rather than a cheesy freebie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spikey Spike
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they will develop it further. So many nice plays with my friends, and we are now looking forward for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Such great news I also really like that FFG keeps most of the in app content free to earn the money via boardgame product sales. This is really dedicated support

I also really like Nerekhall scenario. It is by far my favorite campaign.

Also seeing overgrowths on this map seems to indicate that FFG uses a bit more conent from other expansions (Labyrinth of Ruin in this case) in their scenarios. I love it laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DelphiDie wrote:

Also seeing overgrowths on this map seems to indicate that FFG uses a bit more conent from other expansions (Labyrinth of Ruin in this case) in their scenarios. I love it laugh

This is weird as the announcement only states that you need the SoN expansion to play this. If it requires overgrowth it should also require the LoR expansion, which is not listed. Could the green bars represent something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
This is weird as the announcement only states that you need the SoN expansion to play this. If it requires overgrowth it should also require the LoR expansion, which is not listed. Could the green bars represent something else?

Maybe the overgrowth isn't there if you don't own Labyrinth of Ruin. (I also want to say that the large tile with the curved staircase is also part of LoR.)

Meanwhile, it's a good thing Christmas break is coming up: I still haven't started 'Kindred Fire'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Quote:
Prepare for a free new Road to Legend campaign

Excellent!

Quote:
coming soon

So 2017 Q2?

Ha - while I know you are joking - their "coming soon" has been different for the apps as of late. I'd be willing to guess just a couple weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
The tile just north of the overgrowths is also from LoR, so this could mean they're finally working in some map/tile variation based on owned expansions. Which I'm going to absolutely love.

-edit- OR, this picture is from a Nerekhall campaign side-quest that's only enabled if you own LoR. Which is a very plausible answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanLuc wrote:

-edit- OR, this picture is from a Nerekhall campaign side-quest that's only enabled if you own LoR. Which is a very plausible answer.

I'm currently putting my money on this hypothesis. That would make perfect sense! And may also suggest that they have added new side-quests to this campaign as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
SeanLuc wrote:

I'm currently putting my money on this hypothesis. That would make perfect sense! And may also suggest that they have added new side-quests to this campaign as well!

I don't know. Maybe they add more sidequests as well, but the announcement explicitly said it contians 7 story missions (no word of sidequests).

Then again this LoR stair-case tile is really unique and I have a hard time imagining what tile they would use instead.

I think it's a really good move to up the value of the physical expansions by adding virtual content to the app. Keeps down production costs while at the same time give you more content for your money.

and in the end, this finally makes it easy for the RtL only players who are looking for an expansion, while simultaniously making sure they buy the imo best expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
badge
I'm betting on more side quests. The current pool isn't enough to run two campaigns without a lot of repetition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don´t think it is a sidequest.

If you look at the text, you see that Verminous is mentioned and this Quest most likely takes place in Greyhaven. Here is a quote from the announcement:

Quote:
With seven brand-new story quests and a twisting storyline that bridges the cities of Greyhaven and Nerekhall

I can´t see how this would work as one of the common side quests, especially if the party is near Tamalir in one of the other campaigns.

My bet is varying map layouts depending on the owned expansions (like Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition), which would be awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
SeanLuc wrote:
The tile just north of the overgrowths is also from LoR

It's from Shadow of Nerekhall. Outdoor archery targets, rarely seen because it isn't a city streets tile. 53A to be specific.

It certainly wouldn't be the only quest to demonstrate wild variance on tile use. "Choose Your Poison" (available if you own Stewards of the Secret) uses a vastly different set of tiles than if you also own Labyrinth of Ruin, and features Overgrowth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
SeanLuc wrote:

It's from Shadow of Nerekhall. Outdoor archery targets, rarely seen because it isn't a city streets tile. 53A to be specific.

It certainly wouldn't be the only quest to demonstrate wild variance on tile use. "Choose Your Poison" (available if you own Stewards of the Secret) uses a vastly different set of tiles than if you also own Labyrinth of Ruin, and features Overgrowth.

Some scenarios have more layouts based on what expansions you have. Can be awesome if they expand this and you can get multiple possibilities every play.

Edited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The winding staircase attached to two other LOR tiles is not north of the overgrowth in the picture, assuming "north" is the upper portion of the image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Outch, pardon me, just woke up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they fixed the app yet on Kindle for Delve? Because I still don't have the option to purchase it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
foxreinard wrote:
SeanLuc wrote:

Ah, my mistake, I had thought it was LoR. I remember finding it odd it was present in the Kindred Fire interlude story quest, so thought I had decided it was from LoR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
Have they fixed the app yet on Kindle for Delve? Because I still don't have the option to purchase it.

They fixed that awhile ago. If you search through the older threads you'll find the solution. I can't remember what it was exactly but I know it did end up working for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
monkeykins wrote:

They fixed that awhile ago. If you search through the older threads you'll find the solution. I can't remember what it was exactly but I know it did end up working for me.

Thanks. I only looked at the thread for the Delve, and the last post was someone contacting FFG about the problem and saying they would update with the response.
I'm not worried, I haven't started Kindred Fire yet anyways!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst-Jan Viergever
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is really awesome! In the middle of the Kindred Fire campaign and enjoying it very much. Good to know that more is coming.

Just hoping that they will also create a campaign got Labyrinth of Ruins. And perhaps another one for a big box expansion to be released in 2017?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xin Ael
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Really excited to see what this new campaign has to offer !

I just returned to Descent thanks to the app, and I am loving it, it is intuitive and well designed. The use of ambiant sounds is really a good idea. This combination of physical and virtual board game is an audacious try and for me it works.

What I would like to see now is
- more app content
- some more hero classes
- and more varied tiles (snowy mountains ? Huge deserts ? Caves full of shining jewels and cristals ? Fairy forest ?)

We already have more than 200 miniatures, I'd love to see a special box full of tiles, classes and items cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Compared to the app for Specter OPS, I am sure this app really is coming soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.