Popular Tags: [View All]
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had my game come with 2 Warsaw Pact cards and was missing the De Gaulle leads France card.

I emailed GMT (their email address on their website) and am still waiting to hear back from them (it has been a few weeks).

I can't say I am particularly impressed by this lack of communication and seemingly lack of interest.

I do not experience this with companies such as Fantasy Flight Games who have excellent customer service skills.

In the end I was forced to print the de Gaulle image of the card on sticky Avery label and paste it onto the duplicate Warsaw Pact card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Missing - still waiting to hear from GMT
I've heard that GMT is notoriously difficult to contact via e-mail, but if you call them they are usually extremely quick to solve any problems. I would *definitely* call if you have not yet... I see you're in NZ so calling is not an option--if you look at the most recent GMT news IIRC they have another e-mail address for you to mail if you are having any problems getting through on the other one. I'd try that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
badge
To approach the Other in conversation is to welcome his expression, in which at each instant he overflows the idea a thought would carry away from it. It is therefore to receive from the Other beyond the capacity of the I...
mbmbmbmbmb
He is actually in australia, but I it is nice to see someone finally getting an Australian confused with a kiwi instead of the other way aroud
GMT is very slow at time to remedy such thing, but they do read these forums. I had a problem with some pre orders and after I complained here they emailed me almost immediately (I suspect neil randall may have tipped them off ).
I have the email for one of their Customer service people, send me a geek mail if you want it so you can contact them directly. I imagine, once you actually get the ball rolling they will easily sort it for you. The trick is to get them to pay attention in the first place . Honestly you might be better off just calling them (and yes I know it is a pain in the neck for something that isn't your fault). Goodluck, feel free to contact me if you want that info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ananda Gupta
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also recommend posting on the GMT Games section at talk.consimworld.com -- that is a good way to get the eye of the GMT folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just mark on the Extra card the text for DeGaulle.

It's a pain, but not worth the stress and headache you are going through.

Just use a sharpie that doesn't bleed through or smear.

You won't notice the next few times you play unless you are Super Anal.

The guys at GMT are saying " All this for ONE STINKING CARD?!?"

Breathe and make the change...

You'll be better off ....I think the DeGaulle card is a discard after played anyway...LOL you'll only see it ONCE!!

DEFCON.....1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
GMT will replace the card pronto when you get their attention, as they should. Theres nothing "super anal" about wanting to have the right cards packaged with your game.

I'll have a look if I can find the email I managed to contact them with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Smit
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Actually the latest GMT newsletter has this:

(or more directly to the point, try gmtgames@aol.com and speak directly to Gene)

Quote:
4. E-Mail Problems? We’re listening and responding

The explosion of internet spam in late 2006 and the resulting tightening of spam filters across the internet have caused all kinds of e-mail communication problems, especially with our overseas customers. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused far too many of you.

Our greatest area of concern has been for our non-US/Canada customers, as the US/Canada folks have access to our toll free 800 line and can call us at no cost if they have problems with e-mail. For the overseas folks, though, this can be an expensive proposition.

The ultimate solution to this problem is coming with our new website, when you will be able to access all your information and track orders and P500 commitments online. That should markedly decrease the number of e-mails needed back and forth between you and our offices. For those times when you really need to reach the office ladies, though, the site will also include two features that will guarantee you access to the GMT office staff without worrying about e-mail making it through the spam filers. These features are:

1. A Real-time Online Customer Support Chat System. Anytime during GMT office hours, you will be able to talk with our office ladies via free online customer support chat built-in to our website. We are struggling a bit trying to figure out how best to roll-out this program, as we have FOUR ladies who work in the office and over 12 THOUSAND customers, so we’re worried about the office ladies being completely overwhelmed by the excess volume.

CanR17;t Wait for the new website? If you need help RIGHT NOW and can’t reach the office via e-mail and don’t have access to the toll-free number , send e-mail to me (Gene) at gmtgames@aol.com (we haven’t had any known problems with that address, so it should work) or make a post on the Consimworld GMT Games Company Support topic, and I’ll give you access to the online chat functions that we are TESTING with a small group of testers right now. That’ll get you directly in touch with the office ladies right away.

2. Site-Based Secure Mail. The new site will have a form-based Support section that allows you to send an e-mail, including your return e-mail address, directly from the GMT website to our office. The mail will remain on our server the entire time, so there’s no worrying about getting through spam filters to reach us.

We hope that these two improvements in our customer support contact system, along with the ability to access your information and orders online, will provide much better and more consistent communication with each of you and will enhance your experience as a customer of GMT Games. Thanks for your patience. It won’t be long now….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ibn_ul_khattab wrote:
He is actually in australia, but I it is nice to see someone finally getting an Australian confused with a kiwi instead of the other way aroud

blushblushblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The replacement card arrived today (slightly bent in one corner). Thank you to people on BGG who gave me the contact details and thank you to Letitia at GMT games for her prompt customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
great news! Maybe a change in the thread title? Wouldn't want to put people off GMT games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have changed the heading so hopefuly it will update on the main page as well ?

Of course the new heading is only accurate after the card was sent as before I was waiting for the card it would have been bearing to false witness.

Still all's well that ends well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Imperium - coming sometime
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Missing - happy ending via GMT customer service and
I had a similar problem, 4 of the cards of the 2nd deck were marked on the edges/back - emailed GMT and heard nothing ...

Switched email providers and emailed again - deck was in the post next day. Basically they seem to have a problem with not getting email from some sources, but you don't get a bounce, so you think they're ignoring you!

Not good - but if you managed to actually make contact then they are very very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Missing - happy ending via GMT customer service and
That sounds like what is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.