Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm an idiot. It must be true, as my wife often reminds me of it. However, sometimes I manage to prove it even to myself.

Case in point. I received an offer from Cedric18 to trade my collection of Echelon of Fury cards for a copy of Battle Cry. It was a great deal for me, since I never played the game and I'm trying to phase all collectible things out of my game library. I was itching for a copy of Battle Cry, so I eagerly accepted his offer.

When I tried to find the cards to box them up and ship, I couldn't locate them. I notified Dave, and he understood and was exceptionally patient as I searched under my house, through the attic, my parent's garage, and finally the storage unit over the next week or so. I located some, but not all that I had. Somehow, someway, they'd vanished. In the meantime, Battle Cry arrived.

I immediately offered to send it back and refund his shipping cost, but Dave was gracious and said to just send him the rest when they turned up, or he'd accept something else from my trade list. A few days later he asked for my Warhammer 40K CCG stuff, and I happily sent it off to him, along with some more Echelons cards that I found with the Warhammer.

I want to publicly thank Dave for being such a great trader in light of my own stupidity. I'm happy to add him to my Geekbuddy list, and recommend him a thousand times over to anyone who trades with him in the future. In my mind he is a prime example of all that the BGG community stands for.

I'm pleased to have made a new friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Way to be Cedric18!

On another topic entirely...

Quote:
I'm trying to phase all collectible things out of my game library

So I gotta know, does this include the Dragondice in your Uberbadge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe J.
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moon Knight wrote:
On another topic entirely...
Quote:
I'm trying to phase all collectible things out of my game library

So I gotta know, does this include the Dragondice in your Uberbadge?

That would be the one exception. Considering that I'm on the Board of Directors at SFR, they might take it poorly.

I should probably reword that to say 'almost all things collectible.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Majiken wrote:
I'm an idiot. It must be true, as my wife often reminds me of it. However, sometimes I manage to prove it even to myself.

I'm right there with you, brother.

I'm going to hijack your thread for a moment:

I recently participated in a math trade where I inadvertantly selected a game I wanted but in the wrong language and located in Germany (Return of the Heroes). jamesdavis was the trader.

Rather than make me pay the shipping from Germany for a game I wasn't interested in, he actually paid me some cash, kept the game and called it good. Talk about going above and beyond to cover someone else's stupidity!

You rock. Thanks, James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been five years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmb
Hey, my turn! I listed a game in a math trade which, upon thorough searching, I didn't seem to have any more. Must have sold it earlier and forgot to record it. BGG user Butterfly was very understanding and chose an alternate with no fuss - thanks, Brenna!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
And I did that in a math trade earlier this year. I know I had a copy of San Francisco when I moved, and I don't remember selling or trading it (I certainly didn't through the Geek). Fortunately I was able to swing a trade for a copy, with only a small delay. Still, the other party was very patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.