msg tools
mb
Hi all!

I just finished the Pandemic Legacy campaign and loved it. Got me wondering how the rest of the world got on, so I whipped up a quick google poll. Thought it might be interesting!

Obviously epic spoilers, if you have not completed the game, please do not click on the poll as there are spoilers almost straight away

Hopefully this is in the right place, apologies if not, but if so... please click below!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhl-J6lCVC5EzyKmO0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what it is with this game and Poll's, but everybody seems to want to make one.

From the Pandemic Legacy community wiki

Quote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Good list thanks! I had missed quite a few of those!

My bad, sorry if there's some repetition, but I'm a data nerd and find this kinda thing interesting, so I figured I'd just chuck a quick google poll out to grab some stats

My survey basically mashes most of those separate questions into one single poll. Got 60 odd responses so far, random fact, 25% of people used nukes!

If anyone is interested, link to the results are below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhl-J6lCVC5EzyKmO0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lukric wrote:
My bad, sorry if there's some repetition, but I'm a data nerd and find this kinda thing interesting, so I figured I'd just chuck a quick google poll out to grab some stats

Mostly I'm just baffled by the sheer number of polls that are created for this game. It's not really a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got bored at work and tabulated the polls as below.

In all the polls, blue and red are relatively safer than black and yellow. My observation is:

Blue is the safest in all polls. Supposedly, it is easier to cure blue because it is where you start, and people may want to save the initial research station.

But why is Red significantly safer than black or yellow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Black is hard to reach quickly from Atlanta, and people are still thinking in terms of the regular Pandemic map where nobody cares what happens in Santiago? (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red and black have a lot of internal connections - it's easier to bounce around within those colours than it is to get from place to place within yellow, and Hong Kong and Istanbul make obvious sites for permanent buildings, letting people react effectively to initial infection in those colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Permanent research stations come too late to take any part in determining which disease is C0Da, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Permanent research stations come too late to take any part in determining which disease is C0Da, though.

True, but planning where to place them comes sooner. If you're trying to do things in red/black, you're going to have more trouble responding to cube build-up in yellow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrin Haug
Germany
Sindelfingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to see, if the color of Coda has any effect on the number of destroyed cities in the game.

We had black Coda and have a total of 9 destroyed cities, all connected to each other. It was very hard to control Coda in cities like Moskau, Teheran, Karachi,...

Did other players also have similar problems? Is it color dependent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
What do you mean by "destroyed"? Which panic level is that? (The terms for panic levels in the English edition are "Unstable"=1, "Rioting"=2/3, "Collapsing"=4 and "Fallen"=5)

Our C0Da was black and we had no Fallen cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrin Haug
Germany
Sindelfingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do mean panic level 5. I played the german version, and I didn't think about the correct english terms, just translated it.

clivej wrote:
Our C0Da was black and we had no Fallen cities.

Gratz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Thanks for your responses to the poll people! Quite interesting so far.

Looks like Black is the main Coda colour.

We had Blue as our Coda, and we had 2 Fallen cities, neither of which were blue! Santiago (Yellow) and Tokyo (Red) were simply either too far remote or suffered unlucky multiple Outbreaks in a row. In November we had the feared double Epidemic draw, Tokyo outbreaked twice, going from 3 to 5 in more or less a single turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Wow. Santiago's a long way from Blue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Kinda yeah, it wasn't even Faded. Just it was kind of isolated and we always had bigger problems at the time, it was the first city to reach collapsing and eventually fell in December while we were finishing off the Faded.

Likewise Tokyo wasn't Faded either, just it suffered the wrath of a few joint outbreaks one unlucky month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue was our Coda, with ground zero in London.
Our cluster area was New York (Fallen), Chicago(Panic 3), Montreal (Panic 4), and Washington (Panic 4).

It was tough to get the area immunized but we did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Lukric wrote:
it wasn't even Faded

Oh, right. I thought you meant it Fell through being Faded. Falling just through general neglect is a different matter. (-8

I'm sure most players of regular Pandemic are indifferent to the plight of Santiago. Outbreaks there basically don't matter. Indeed, when we received the Nuclear Option sticker, having paused in awed shock for a moment, one member of our team piped up:

"Nuke Santiago!"
"But it's only at panic level 1 and it's not a threat?"
"I don't care! Nuke Santiago!"

Fortunately, we vetoed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.