G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
As the year closes, I'd like to thank the gamers (179 so far) who have preordered AGC from Legion Wargames. We have 71 to go to make the 250 CPO cut for publication, so maybe some folks out there might consider a New Year's resolution to make their CPO and help it get over the finish line for 2017.

Meanwhile...I have some fresh content in the pipeline to keep you all entertained and interested in the game's continuing development in the coming months, including:

1. Session videos of a live VASSAL teaching game with a player who had never seen AGC before or ever read the rules. This might interest some who would rather watch/listen to a walkthrough rather than read a rulebook. Even if you enjoy rulebooks, seeing the game in action first can help when you first read the rules because you'll recognize some of the concepts you saw in play. I also drop in little tactical tips and historical commentaries along the way. The videos will be heavily edited to make them as well-paced and lively as possible (to spare you the typical pauses, Skype glitches, referrals back to the rulebook, etc.)

2. Session videos showing the game for the first time on a tabletop in physical boardgame format. Viewers requested this, so I had my own physical copy printed. It was costly, but I can also use it in playtesting and at cons (for example, I registered to demo it in the "Wargamer Boot Camp" hall at Pacificon in September 2017). The artwork and components are not the professional final stuff you would eventually get from Legion Wargames, obviously, but it's the best I can do until the CPO total justifies the publisher's further investment in the title.

3. Videos and/or forum posts showing how AGC can work so well in combination with tactical age-of-sail games. While AGC is a self-contained solitaire operational game, it's also designed to work as a campaign level and an automatic scenario generator to enhance tactical miniatures or boardgames. I want to point this out because some Close Action or WS&IM afficionados might think "I don't care about operational games" without realizing the benefits they could get from using AGC with the games they already enjoy. I have a line of my own 3D printed 1:1000 scale Lake Ontario 1813 ships being completed for sale on my Shapeways site, Swash & Buckle Naval Miniatures. Some ships are up there already. So I plan to use those in the demos, along with the Post Captain ruleset from Old Dominion GameWorks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Have you checked to see if Compass Games would let you write an article about "A Glorious Chance" in their "Paper Wars" magazine? If you haven't done so already, they would probably welcome it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cihan U.
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted about your game on the Solitaire Wargamers group of Derek Case (SingleHandedWarfare on Youtube) on Facebook... Let's see if you get more preorders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thank you!!!

If you have any questions or particular aspects of A Glorious Chance that you would like to know more about, just ask and I'll post more about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.