Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe K
United States
Temperance
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -- Samuel Beckett
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently purchased the German version of Citadels (original version) and I have found numerous English guides and rules listed online which have helped me understand the characters and how to play the game. One thing I haven't found yet is an English description of the purple cards special abilities.

Does anyone know where I might find this kind of English explanation of the pruple cards?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded a .doc file with the following info (needs to be approved first). Can still send scans if you want:

Citadels Purple District Cards Special Abilities

English Descriptions for German Version Owners

Keep X 2 – The Keep cannot be destroyed by the Warlord

Observatory – If you choose to draw cards when you take an action, you draw three (3) cards, keep one (1) of your choice, and put the other two (2)on the bottom of the deck.

Haunted City – For purposes of victory points, the Haunted City is considered to be of the color of your choice. You cannot use this ability if you built it during the last round of the game.

University – This district costs six (6) gold to build, but is worth eight (8) points at the end of the game.

School of Magic – For purposes of income, the School is considered to be of the color of your choice. If you are the King this round, for example, The School is considered to be a noble (yellow) district.

Smithy – Once during your turn, you may pay two (2) gold to draw three (3) district cards.

Library - If you choose to draw cards when you take an action, you keep both of the cards you have drawn.

Dragon Gate - This district costs six (6) gold to build, but is worth eight (8) points at the end of the game.

Graveyard – When the Warlord destroys a district, you may pay one (1)gold to take the destroyed district into your hand. You may not do this if you are the Warlord.

Laboratory - Once during your turn you may discard a district card from your hand and receive one (1) gold from the bank.

Great Wall - The cost for the Warlord to destroy any of your other districts is increased by one (1) gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe K
United States
Temperance
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. -- Samuel Beckett
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the lightening fast reply! That's fantastic.

[edit]Actually I just found an uploaded file here that contained the information I was looking for. It was on Page 2 of the Citadels File page: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/477

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.