Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drinky Drinky
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player only put gold on their resource cards if they take the build turn, or can gold be placed as a resource at any time during their turn? My guess is the former.

Can a player choose not to "clean up" any of my gold from a prior build on their turn?

Can a player use a build phase, place gold on their resources and then not build anything or overcommit resources to take up the slots on their cards only. This keeps players from using other players resources, and prevents gold from being possibly stolen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krechevskoy wrote:
Can a player only put gold on their resource cards if they take the build turn, or can gold be placed as a resource at any time during their turn? My guess is the former.

Can a player choose not to "clean up" any of my gold from a prior build on their turn?

Can a player use a build phase, place gold on their resources and then not build anything or overcommit resources to take up the slots on their cards only. This keeps players from using other players resources, and prevents gold from being possibly stolen.

Gold can only be placed on a resource as part of a build action. You can't "hide" your gold on your resources if you aren't planning to build.

There are only a couple of cards that allow someone to take gold from you, so I'm not sure why you would want to adapt a whole strategy around guarding against that.

And as much as you might want to prevent other players from using your resources, it at the least gives you a victory point (while costing them one), and at best gives you greater flexibility to build on your own. Why would you want to block that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

And as much as you might want to prevent other players from using your resources, it at the least gives you a victory point (while costing them one), and at best gives you greater flexibility to build on your own. Why would you want to block that?

To prevent the player from building a 3 building point card. Yes I would gain 1 and they lose 1, but blocking them makes them not get 3 points, or I make them essentially tread water for 1 turn.

And you stated gold is points, if I know another player can recruit a thief that prevents them from stealing gold and getting points as well if I tie up my gold in the resources on my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
krechevskoy wrote:

Gold can only be placed on a resource as part of a build action. You can't "hide" your gold on your resources if you aren't planning to build.

There are only a couple of cards that allow someone to take gold from you, so I'm not sure why you would want to adapt a whole strategy around guarding against that.

Matt is correct in the answers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.