Popular Tags: [View All]
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of the MB game Shogun aka Samurai Swords. I am missing 5 red plastic coin chips, 1 sword, 2 ronin, 3 battle marker circles, 1 red experience marker, 2 blue army markers, 2 purple army markers, the ninja
and the rulebook. If I can ever get all these pieces I can sell the complete copy for a decent amount, but I can never find anyone who has them all to spare. Meanwhile this is a HUGE game that is taking up space. Should I try to sell it as is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Need dvice on sell or wait to complete Samurai Swords
yes sell as is. I honestly think that anyone who has all the long list of missing parts has a complete set. I doubt you could replace all the parts you listed financially. It is also possible that you could start helping other players to complete their sets of Shogun, selling pieces at $1 a shot or less would make a lot if there was much demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you find another mostly-complete set, you could buy it, create a full set, and then sell both (one complete). The only problem is that the size of the game makes it relatively expensive to ship, so it may not be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Stingley
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Last year I bought some missing Ronin from www.missinggameparts.com. I thought it was a good deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Grey
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PillarofAutumn wrote:

Last year I bought some missing Ronin from www.missinggameparts.com. I thought it was a good deal.

Thats funny. A few months back, I bought a copy of Samurai Swords from some A-hole on eBay that misrepresented his game. Missing a bunch of bits. I got everything I needed at missinggameparts for <$12-$15.

They rock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, post this right after I bought a copy.

Right now copies in the condition you list are not selling for much. I would suggest trying to complete the game using the resources listed above or holding onto the game for about six months and selling then. (Of course you could do both).

Of course if you want to trade it to me, I'd entertain the thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dog Boy, look under "Shogun" and you'll see the parts there. As for me, the total too high for all the parts I need, so I've decided to just split up the game and give away and sell parts.

I'll be glad to send anyone a piece or two that they need, no charge.
I have the swords with 1,2,and 3 diamonds still.

Just give send me your address. If you need something heavier like the board, we can work out a trade or GG or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dog Boy, look under "Shogun" and you'll see the parts there. As for me, the total too high for all the parts I need, so I've decided to just split up the game and give away and sell parts.

Someone has claimed the sword with 5 diamonds, but I have the swords with 1,2,and 3 diamonds still.

Just give send me your address. If you need something heavier like the board, we can work out a trade or GG or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
starspangledgirl wrote:

I have the swords with 1,2,and 3 diamonds still.

Wow -- that's very nice of you. My original Shogun is complete as far as I know, but I still appreciate the offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.