United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct that Eros's special win condition in a 2-player game REQUIRES you to be on LEVEL 1 (not GROUND)?

I was pretty confident with this (the card graphic reinforces this) until I watched the video for Eros, which confuses me slightly.

So, is the video just sort-of off in how it depicts this or do you interpret this somehow differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Grimes
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation is that you are correct: both workers must be adjacent AND on level 1 to win in a 2-player match. The video introduces uncertainty where otherwise it was pretty clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your interpretation is correct and that the video you posted is an out of date one and a new one should have been posted. We just had a conversation about this at Roxley and I (or Gavan or Gord) will report back here when I hear the final answer.

(Thanks for bringing it up, regardless.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text in the video is correct, but the ending sequence is misleading if a third player isn't hidden from view.

The blocking move shown there is also pretty terrible since it guarantees a win by Eros with both workers at level 1, assuming that the non-Eros player isn't Aphrodite, Athena, Hera, Minotaur or ... well, a fair number of powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I have official confirmation from Dr. Hamilton that we are all on the correct page.

Eros' victory condition, in a two player game, applies to workers off the ground, on top of level 1 buildings. (In a 3 player game, they just have to be adjacent while at the same level; it doesn't matter which level that is.)

Joe has already made a new, better video for this, but we are still finalizing our video page, so it will be posted in due time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation Paul!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.