Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahn
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, things I would like to see as variants/expansions:

A more detailed CEP market. I would like some more options for buying, trading, selling, stockpiling, shorting, etc...

Variable end game emission targets to put more pressure on the coopetition aspect of the game.

What do you want to see?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want a box like The Gallerist \ Vinhos Deluxe \ Lisboa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like text on the end game scoring cards. When I teach people to play they always need to look in the rules for what bonus their card offers.

Another thing would be better clarification for obtaining a scientist versus moving one. We always seem to have to look up the clarifications on line when we are playing.

I think the overall production of the first edition was excellent. People not familiar with the game seeing us play always comment on what a beautiful looking game it is.

I look forward to the new edition and if these basic improvements are made I will most likely buy a copy even though I am quite satisfied with my original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Dankberg
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the scientist movement. From upgraded projects as well. We're always forgetting when they can stay, when they need to be moved, when you get a buck for them. perhaps I wee bit of iconography on the board could help.. although the scientists won't be able to sit on top of the projects anymore, so maybe there'll be a dedicated space for them with some indication of how/when they move. Or simply clean up their movement altogether so its more straight forward. its a little thing.

I'd also love to see more variation on the end-game bonus cards... its not hard to guess what other players have each game because they are somewhat limited.

But overall this is a great game as it is! I sure hope there aren't too many changes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
I just want a box like The Gallerist \ Vinhos Deluxe \ Lisboa

One things CO2 doesn't need is a bigger box. I have both Kanban and CO2 in the CO2 box with some room to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, and I've only played the game once, but a full co-op mode would be fantastic (sorry if there is already a variant available, I haven't explored the game much yet). When I played it at a game night, I was 100% sold on the cooperative nature of the first part of the game. Once we knew the world was safe, it turned crazy competitive, which has it's place for sure, but it's really hard to find a deep, heavy co-op game, and this would be perfect!

Outside of that, I'm excited that it's being re-released so I can buy a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Broeker
United States
Affton
Missouri
flag msg tools
Looking forward to this! I recently "discovered" Vital Lacerda's games through the Lisboa Kickstarter, and in addition to backing that, I've picked up The Gallerist, Kanban, and the deluxe edition of Vinhos over the last few weeks. I'm excited to be able to eventually add CO2 as well.

More to the point of the thread, has there been any word if the Arctic promo/expansion cards will be included in the new edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Riel
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only thing on my wishlist for features is the ability to play the original game and the new ruleset in the box. The same way Vinhos 2016 has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Better icons for the science tracker
- tiles that don't have the same background *grr*
- Score tracks that aren't useless
+ Keeping the beautiful aesthetic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Haviland
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
TimothyDRiel wrote:
Only thing on my wishlist for features is the ability to play the original game and the new ruleset in the box. The same way Vinhos 2016 has.

This.

While Vital is one of the designers I have complete faith in, CO2 is a damn near perfect game, in my opinion. The slight complaints I have about the original certainly didn't make me feel like it needed an update. I'm certainly optimistic, but I'm not getting rid of my first edition copy just yet, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A freakin' awesome insert.

I wish it played better with 3 (all those darn 3-step cycles) and that the 4-player didn't run so much longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.