Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

this year I had to send my secret santa to russia ...
The guy at the post office explained to me, that his "experience" (whatever experiences he might have) shows, that Russian post services are rather bad and that my parcel might take up to 100 days or more to reach its destination ..

Fortunately, I can ask you folks first hand

What's your opinion on that - is that true? Or just silly misinformation?

Thank you and kind regards,
Kai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the shipping service you choose (regular post or delivery company), but -- yep, it can range from 27 to 90 days depending on the size of your box. Usually it’s 21-45 days, though. Most online stores set a soft deadline of 60 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lawson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to http://sms-track.ru/stat/DE-RU it will take about 3 weeks when using regular shipping services. Edit: you should compare the left-most columns containg a date (export date) with the right-most. Keep in mind, that the second date is not the date of actual delivery, but a date when the parcel had left the international hub after clearing the customs, meaning it would take several more days to reach the target.
I do not have a lot of experince in DE-RU shipping myself, maybe tried it once or twice. Has some orders dispatched from UK, Ireland and Netherlands - didn't have to wait for a long time, no more than 1 month, normaly...
I would suggest protecting your parcel though, I had received damaged boxes a couple of times.

Cheers. Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.