Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the cave-player completely free in tile placement? In our last game the cave have placed the tiles always with the edges in the middle so the movement for the knight most of the time was blocked by a wall in the dungeon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
Is the cave-player completely free in tile placement?

The only rule that comes to my mind right now is that If the Cave has any Crystal tiles in its hand during its turn, it must place them before placing any other tiles.

Quote:
In our last game the cave have placed the tiles always with the edges in the middle so the movement for the knight most of the time was blocked by a wall in the dungeon.

The Knight decides how to turn the Cave Tiles as she reveals them. The rule is that if she entered the tile through an open edge, then she must place an open edge on the side she entered from. If, instead, she entered the tile using e.g. a Map or a Bomb, then she could turn the tile any which way she wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
... the cave have placed the tiles always with the edges in the middle...

To expound on what neko said, the Cave only puts the tiles face down. They don't have any control over how the tiles are oriented when revealing them -- that's up to the player that reveals it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah the knight decides. This is what i missed. I thought the cave. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you reveal a tile you must place it in a way it allows the knight to enter from the tile it comes.
It tiles are revealed from other effects (dragon fire) they must be placed in a way it forms a trail to the entrance (if you can)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Britzel wrote:
Ah the knight decides. This is what i missed. I thought the cave. Thanks

Whoever reveals (flips) the tile on their turn decides. Unless something is slipping my mind, this will never be the Cave (and only the Goblins if you're playing a variant where they have the Flare card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.