Hide
3 Posts

Harry Potter Trading Card Game» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Harry Potter TCG at Gen Con 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Coisson
msg tools
Just got an email letting me know that event submissions go live in January. Last years events are attached.

Last Year Events

Events Planned for 2017:
World Championship
Squib (constructed pauper)
Giant Wars (Constructed 100 card highlander)
Cube (might do TWO cubes this year. This event was very popular.)

What do people think of last years events and is there any way I could get people to show up to all the events? I know it's hard to know now without knowing what events others will be putting on, but any info would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Aas
Norway
Arendal
No States or Provinces
flag msg tools
This was interesting, thought all organized play of HPTCG was dead years ago. Can you tell us a bit more about last years' events? How many people showed up etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Coisson
msg tools
ludocrat wrote:
This was interesting, thought all organized play of HPTCG was dead years ago. Can you tell us a bit more about last years' events? How many people showed up etc.

Sure!

Learn To Play: Sold out, 16 players total
Cube: Sold out, 8 players
Giant Wars: 9 players
Squib: 6 players
World Championship: 14, 1 showed up super late and couldn't play the tournament, so he played the bye each round for fun.

As far as I'm aware, organized play for HPTCG was dead and NOBODY was doing anything for the game really. There was a guy at Gen Con in 2013 or 2014 that was doing very small casual thing, but nothing that I'd call "organized". I tried to have him help me and join forces, but he did not seem keen on it at all.

Doing the OP for HPTCG is still new for myself, but each year at Gen Con, I'm hoping to have it become better and better.

I'd also love to do something in the winter as far as events at a convention, but I just don't know of anything that would work for people to show up.

If you'd like player perspectives of the tournaments I've run, hopefully some players can chime in. I know that there are quite a few who read this forum.

––––––

Did you play the game back when it was originally in print? If so I'd love to hear what the scene was like in Norway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.