Arkham Horror» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Trashcan Pete, Duke and the Good Doctor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
Trashcan Pete, Duke and the Good Doctor

The following manuscript was located on my last visit to Arkham. The text was found in an abandoned section of the old train station, written on a paper plate.

It all began one dark and stormy night. Hell, doesn’t it always? I was at the Train Station going through the trashcan with my trusted dog, Duke. I overheard some men, all dressed up fancy-like, talking about some great evil. Duke’s ears perked up and I began to eavesdrop. They was from the Silver Twilight Lodge, some Ancient Evil named Nyhalotep…Nylaleelo…Nhalyo…Some Masked Dude was stirring and casuing a ruckus. Some gate to some Other Dimension opened and they all fled.

Well, sounded like an open invitation to me. I should be able to find lots of good stuff lying around, and I heard they had a really big cellar. So, I called over the Good Doctor and Duke and the three of us headed off across town.

Wasn’t long before I met some witch in the street, spewing some garbage about how I’d never get the Necronomicron. Or something like that. So, I loaded the Good Doctor with two 12-gauge shells and sent that witch back to whatever netherworld she came out of.

I’m not sure what happened in the Other Dimension, but it was one hell of a trip. Better than all the snuff you could, well, snuff. The gate sealed behind me and I went off to find another gate. I think I was addicted.

I heard some rumors about the Southside Strangler killing off good folk. So, I detoured my path, and after sneaking around gathering some clues, I headed off to MA’s Boarding House and blew a hole in the Strangler’s head. I claimed self defense and got reward money too!

Well, didn’t take me long to find another of these gates opened up. Some strange cultists opened one up in the woods. So the Good Doctor said hello using his loudest of voices and I entered it. Whoa, what a ride. While I was in there some rumours came to my ears about Good Works Undone. “Well that just barfs”, I thought.

By the time I found myself back in Arkham, the sealed gate I left behind at the Twilight Lodge was gone.

I spent the next couple weeks finding clues and new gates to explore. And it was the most far out time of my life. Sometimes I felt like I was shell-shocked for days at a time. What a trip. Eventually the Masked Dude awoke and blasted my mind. I don’t have a clue what really happened. I woke up a few days later, apparently left for dead. Everything is quiet once again. I’m back at the train station. Duke, the Good Doctor and I are catching the next train out of here. I hear there is good hunting up in Canada this time of year…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.